Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I got my first Doberman when she was six months old because the owner was afraid of her. She shook her toys (called worrying) which is absolutely natural. Many people have no concept of what goes into owning a Doberman. They think they can be outside dogs and raise and train themselves (we all know what happens when they are left to their own devices); maybe the pup chewed the corner off a table or sofa or a shoe; they don't realize these dogs require being next to their humans; they don't realize once the dogs are past that adorable puppy stage they become the terrible two's or Doberteens and the work that is required. Many wannabe Doberman owners see these romantic shots in magazines or in movies or the internet and think that look and that well behaved dog just comes with the territory...and so on and on.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
I got my first Doberman when she was six months old because the owner was afraid of her. She shook her toys (called worrying) which is absolutely natural. Many people have no concept of what goes into owning a Doberman. They think they can be outside dogs and raise and train themselves (we all know what happens when they are left to their own devices); maybe the pup chewed the corner off a table or sofa or a shoe; they don't realize these dogs require being next to their humans; they don't realize once the dogs are past that adorable puppy stage they become the terrible two's or Doberteens and the work that is required. Many wannabe Doberman owners see these romantic shots in magazines or in movies or the internet and think that look and that well behaved dog just comes with the territory...and so on and on.
I've noticed this w/other types most annoyingly w/lab owners, who seem to think they got a dog in a box then uh oh, why's he doing that?

Um helloooo, did you think they're born trained because they're "family dogs"?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you for pointing this out! I'm surprised one of our craigslist scanning volunteers hasn't seen this one already. We've contacted the family and offered assistance, but it's up to them what they're going to do next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts