Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night i had to take Kaiser to the emergency clinic.

Here's what happened. Last night i noticed him trying to scratch his nose by rubbing it on furniture, his paws, etc. But i only noticed one bump on his nose at the time. I thought maybe he had been bitten by and insect of some sort, even though I didn't see any initial bite. So i gave him two benadryl tablets (25mg a piece).

As the night went on I noticed it got worse and worse, to the point where his eyes were really swollen and hives were appearing all over his body. So i took him to the emergency vet where (I think) they gave him a steroid shot and something else to calm the swelling (this was about 3 a.m.)

He is doing better as of now, and the swelling is clearing up but I have no idea what could have done it. I've tried feeling around his body to see if I could find any signs of a bite, but nothing.

Any idea of what could have set it off? His eating patterns haven't changed at all.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
spider, mosquito, wasp, bee, not sure! but a few of my young dogs were allergic when young but grew 'out of it' after puberty! Prednisone worked wonders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts