Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I realize Leontine is a GSD, and not a Dobe, but she is a puppy. She's about 18 weeks now, and at a much better weight (lean, not emaciated). She does something, though, that I don't think I've encountered before. She gets the hick-ups. Especially after she eats or has been running around in the yard with Lucky and Ilka. I got her a slow feed bowl, and she still hick-ups. Is that normal, and I've just missed it with the other two? Or is it something I should talk to my vet about? :confused:

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Puppies get hiccups, just like children. Like people they grow out of it too. It sure is cute while it lasts though hehe, Elsie has grown out of it :(

·
Super Moderator
22,190 Posts
Normal. Shanoa still gets them sometimes.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I feel better, now. I just don't remember Lucky or Ilka getting the hick-ups like this.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Mabel got them more when she was younger but still gets them, its prorgressing into little almost throw up moments from all the jumping around she does but one mild spit up and she goes eww and stops jumping like a kangaroo. I always blamed mabels on excitement.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Oliver had them a couple of times as pup, but Lily always had them and she lived to be 15.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,654 Posts
Coco had them frequently as a puppy. I can't remember the last time she had them now. Although as an adult she has perfected walking up to me while I sit on the couch and burping audibly in my face! :butfly:

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coco had them frequently as a puppy. I can't remember the last time she had them now. Although as an adult she has perfected walking up to me while I sit on the couch and burping audibly in my face! :butfly:
Been there, had that done.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Puppies get hiccups, just like children. Like people they grow out of it too. It sure is cute while it lasts though hehe, Elsie has grown out of it :(
I was supposed to grow out of getting hiccups? I feel robbed.

Elka gets them sometimes. She burps, too, which I didn't know dogs could do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts