Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Ryan, and I'm looking to get a new Doberman pup! I'm extremely excited to move forward with this, but I don't want to rush into it at the same time. I need help picking out a good place to buy from, and from reading these forums you guys seem to know your Dobermans! I'm looking for a best friend and a protector, not necessarily a show dog... so I don't think the $1,000 dogs are for me. I just can't afford that. So my questions is: Where can I buy a quality Doberman in North Carolina (or in the souther part of Virginia) without breaking the bank?

Thanks!

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Just because you don't want a "show dog" does not mean you do not deserve a healthy, structurally sound dog from health tested, and proven parents. The average price for a Doberman from a reputable breeder is $1500-2500. The $500 over your budget is IMO worth it to save up. This breed is an expensive one. It will either cost you more up-front, or cost less upfront and a whole lot more later on.

Do not forget that back yard breeders (under $1000) usually do not include ear cropping, and if they do, they usually charge extra for it and its usually a bad crop job. By the time everything is said and done, you will be alot closer to $1500 than you thought.

Please look at your other thread. I posted a link to a rescue that has 2 puppies available as well as some young dogs.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You're actually getting some very good responses in your other thread.

Just in case, the breeders generally get recommended in your area are - Allure, Goldgrove, Talledega, Scudamore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts