Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to ask....

Why would you attempt to provoke a growl in a dog just to punish them by depriving them of their food? That is simply asking for trouble when it doesn't exist.

BTW.... Dogs growl for a very good reason. To deprive a dog of its innate "early warning system" is also asking for trouble. A dog that is not allowed to growl is the dog that may bite with no advance indication.

JMO

John L.
Portland OR
It’s the start of control. If you cant stop your dog in mid eating. Sit stay till released you have zero control puppy will not take your hand off

I can give a dog a bone take it away. Or just drop it and give it back to them

Growling at a human is NOT allowed in this house period learnt in puppy stage is a must. Way before 6 months

I’ve been owner of other peoples rejects all my life. They all have been my best dog till the next one comes along

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can do all that and as mentioned mine even offers to share his food/bone with anyone.

One thing I should say, dogs that show no warning and snap are more likely to be put down before we can even have a chance to rescue them. They are much harder to work with as you don't know until the dog reacts. A growl shouldn't be taken as a negative or even a bad thing, it is simply communication "Hey, I am not feeling happy/comfortable/safe in this situation".
Well yes but you know the different growls.
Dinner time bulllet proof. Other dogs get done their faster it’s ok to stand watch the others no touch no growls from the one eating life is good
Cutting nails ok I understand your scared we’ll take it slowly but it’s going to happen

Accidentally bite while play fetch with a pup happen. Gentle slow it down drop it no re-grabs my game my rules

And yes someone else’s growling barking dog I’m not scared of. The one walking around quite I show respect watching signs signs galore can be seen in a dog in a big dog little dogs bah their like a cat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts