Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and yes they are opposite and he is he is the sweetest dog I've ever had just a big cuddle bug. Her name is Cheba . Pronounced Chee-BA . I'm looking to get into the "show world" and good sites or publishing?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Thank you and yes they are opposite and he is he is the sweetest dog I've ever had just a big cuddle bug. Her name is Cheba . Pronounced Chee-BA . I'm looking to get into the "show world" and good sites or publishing?
Your breeder should be able to mentor you in this regard. Did the breeder show? I'd also see if there is a local Doberman breed club.

Reactions: ICTDOBE

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Every conformation breeder I know of sells their puppies already cropped because they want to ensure their puppies have the best show crop possible. You should go to as many AKC dog shows as you possibly can and talk to breeders. Just make sure to wait till their dogs have already shown or they wont have the time to talk to you. You should also check out the obedience rings. If your puppy is not show quality, you can still compete in obedience, agility, or some other sports. Your little girl looks darling. Welcome to Doberman Talk.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome! She is a cutie.
Infodog.com has info about upcoming shows in your area. There is also a lot to think about if you want to get into showing:
-Is she registered with the AKC? All dogs must be registered to compete.
-Do you have a puppy that conforms to the standard (is "show-quality")? Were her parent's titles in conformation?
-Are you going to handle the puppy, or are you going to have a professional do it? If you're going to do it yourself, have you found a place to take lessons? If you're going to have a pro- do you know who they are in your area?

The AKC website has a lot of show info too- American Kennel Club - AKC Conformation

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Oh my! what a cute little face!! and I love the name too, its so unique! She will be stealing hearts all over the place! and your other dog is so adorable also! What a pair you have, thanks for sharing the pics with us.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is the easiest puppy ive ever owned and she is number 14! She is amazing and thank you I wanted an original name. It took me a week I've very fortunate to have found this knowledgeable community for valid conversations

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.