Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a new 8 week old pup coming at the end of November.
I have a quick question...I bought a 42” crate along with a divider. For his pup stages, what size of bed and divide should I have in the crate? I want him to have enough room to sleep comfortably but restricted enough not to pee in the corner. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,100 Posts
You want him to have a sleeping area just big enough to lie down in—and the bed should fill up the whole area. I wouldn't put a lot of money into a new bed at this point, though—he's going to grow, is likely to make a mess of it at least once, and may be destructive for a bit…

I can't remember what actual size crate I've used in the past, but I always put a couple of plastic file boxes (stacked and taped together) at the end of the crate, which filled the space top to bottom, and ended up making the crate about the right size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the response. I’ll probably get a bed that’s about 20”-25” wide to start with and put the divider one third/half of the crate. I take your point - he’ll wreck a few beds. Looking forward to getting him :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts