Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As several of you are already aware, Im waiting for my pup to be born. Well, Ive got some news finally.......
We've got puppies!!!! The litter is due Jan. 1
I'll keep you all informed!!
Jen

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats.!! I forgot, where is your pup coming from again?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im getting her from a breeder here in Idaho. The male is back east. Blackdog and Lapdog both have pups from this male. I cant wait!
Jen

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well if she is as pretty as Duchess you should be really happy,but you have to get a better name than "No Dobe yet" :) :) :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Flash said:
Im getting her from a breeder here in Idaho. The male is back east. Blackdog and Lapdog both have pups from this male. I cant wait!
Jen
The sire of Blackdog's boy was a lovely male who unfortunately is dead. Perhaps you mean a son of that dog?

Putting two and two together, I'm thinking you're getting a Prydwyn puppy. I don't want to burst any bubbles here, but have you asked about health and longevity with these dogs? The dam of her January litter has a pedigree riddled with DCM close up, I'd proceed with caution.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the concern, but no, I didnt go with Prydwynd Kennels. When I first tried to contact that breeder, she was always busy with other things and seemed almost too preoccupied to chat, and when she did it was hurried.
So I canned her. The manner in which a prospective breeder replies to me is as important as anything else.
And maybe it is the son of that male. His name is Bubba.
Hopefully the litter is big enough that I Can change my name from "no dobe yet" to something else!!
Jen

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Flash said:
Thanks for the concern, but no, I didnt go with Prydwynd Kennels.
Jen
Oh Good-the pedigree on the dam of that Jan. litter of hers is just downright scary!

Bubba is Ch. Traditions Red Son..he's a nice dog, still alive, and I believe the sire of Lapdog's girl. But not the sire of the Blackdog's dog Cyrus.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Looks like you went with Sudahr?? Nice looking dogs and she does all the health testing. Again Congrats. I bet you can't wait. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bubba belongs to a friend of mine, but isn't related to Cyrus at all - at least not anywhere up close. He is still alive and well - at least as of Friday when I had dinner with this mom :smile1:

Cy's dad is Ch. Beaulane Hot Topic who, unfortunately, died of cardio almost a year ago.

Murreydobe said:
Oh Good-the pedigree on the dam of that Jan. litter of hers is just downright scary!

Bubba is Ch. Traditions Red Son..he's a nice dog, still alive, and I believe the sire of Lapdog's girl. But not the sire of the Blackdog's dog Cyrus.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
Looks like you went with Sudahr?? Nice looking dogs and she does all the health testing. Again Congrats. I bet you can't wait. :)
Sudahr is a much better choice. Now I can be excited for Flash, rather than worried!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Bubba is Ch. Traditions Red Son..he's a nice dog, still alive, and I believe the sire of Lapdog's girl.
Yep! Duchess's Daddy! lol Congrats Im sure your sooo excited! Do you have a chance to visit the pups eventually? or are you too far away? If the breeder sends pictures make sure to show us :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I got confused on who is related to who!! I was kinda close! LOL
Anyway, she is close to me, only about 3 hrs. away. So as soon as they are old enough I'll be paying a visit or 2. Any yes, it is Sudahr Dobermans that I went with. Im glad everyone seems to think it was a wise choice. I tried to do as much research as I could on the breed, health problems and breeders, so Hopefully all my yrs of hard work have paid off!! As far as pics go, if I can I will. I usually use the comp. at work cuz mine at home is so slow, and i can never seem to download anything. If I haf to, I can use a friends comp. to get the job done.
Now all I need to get started on is finding a few cool names! Any suggestions on a good website to start looking?
Jen

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Personally I never worry about names until I live with a puppy for awhile and get to know it's personality. They always "tell you" their names...:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in Idaho. Were hoping to get a b/r, but a r/r would be ok to. Female is the way were going, since I already have a male in the house.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, heres the new update, Holli absorbed her litter, so I wont be getting a pup as soon as I had thought.:sadcry: Her next heat is in April, so the breeder will be taking Holli back to the stud to do it the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
That is awful news for you.:( Well what is meant to be is meant to be right? There was a reason I am sure that she absorbed the litter...hopefully things will be better in the spring. It's alway's nice to have a puppy during the summer.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts