Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some pictures of Dolce first day I got her. Whined the whole way home lol

Oh yeah, and just to make sure, how many times should the pup be fed daily? I heard 3-4 times/day.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats. She is cute.

Reactions: sizzur

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Awww what a cute little baby - she's beautiful. I want to give her a big cuddle!

At Dolce's age we fed Tia 4 times a day and tried to keep to similar times that her breeder had fed her so that she stayed in a similar routine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i'll ask my breeder too about feedin schedule.. as for the moment, dolce's passed out on my bed after eating 6am breakfast.. i'm definately not used to wakin up this early on a weekend yet lol

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
i think i'll ask my breeder too about feedin schedule.. as for the moment, dolce's passed out on my bed after eating 6am breakfast.. i'm definately not used to wakin up this early on a weekend yet lol

The fun has only begun. With her being so young she'll go to sleep allot. Wait JUST a few weeks and it will be 5:00 am and she will want to stay up and play. ha ha ha sorry I have to rub it in because it is your turn instead of MINE. :sunglasse :rotate1: :rotate1:
Congratulations she is a cutie.
Who is your breeder?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
She is cute. I am surprised that she still has her cup and stiches. Is she your first Dobe?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tee hee - I don't think you ever get used to it you just learn to sleep when they do! Tia had a bit of a lie in this morning 7.30am! Its worth all the hard work though cos they are such beautiful dogs and give you so much back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So very cute! Get used to early mornings - you're working to HER schedule now!
We feed Lucan 3 times a day. He gets about 30 minutes of exercise a soon as he gets up, then breakfast and usually goes back to sleep for a few hours (wish I could).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh my goodness, i'm so tired.. i couldn't get back to sleep..she's whining! lol! oh man..
the breeder was intending to take the stitches out yesterday but they weren't ready to be taken out.. said to coem back next weekend to get them out. She's my first dog/doberman!

As for my breeders, i got her from Gatehouse Dobermanns. Very friendly and helpful people!

She's tryin to tear the elasticy legs off her toy squeaky octapus as i type lol..

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Sizzur, I can just smell her sweet puppy breath, she is so precious in those pics.

Maybe you'll get lucky with her. I got Jordan a little older and I wonder if he was used to the boring ol' shelter because the boy has these spurts of energy and then sleeps so well. I just got the kids to be able to let me sleep in on the weekends and then we got the puppy.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww! very cute! yeah we fed duchess in the morning...noon...and in the evening...then took away water alittle after dinner like at 7pm...depending on what time you go to bed.

just remember you can allow her to be a puppy but dont let her get away with anything you dont want her to be doing when she is 60+pounds! :) It's never too early to do some positive training :)

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I know what you mean about the lack of sleep - we just got our doberpup last weekend. But I have to be grateful because we got a great boy - we sleeps all through the night and takes long naps during the day (though he gets lots of exercise during the day to tire him out!).

I'm not sure if you're planning on crate training, but the sooner you start, the better. We started feeding Red in his crate for every meal, and then placing him in there when he falls asleep, sometimes closing the door, and sometimes leaving it open. He also sleeps in his crate (with the door closed) at night. Never take a dog out when they are whining or barking though. Now Red accepts his crate at night and doesn't whine at all, and when we leave the house. Not bad for an 11 week old puppy!

We feed Red 3 times a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner - 1 cup of dry at each meal, and 1 6oz can of puppy canned food at breakfast and dinner. If your puppy is leaving food in the bowl, you're feeding too much, if she wolfs it down and finishes it all, maybe give her a little more. Try to keep feeding schedules consistent, which will make housetraining much easier and more predictable.

How's the house training going? Take her out AT LEAST every 20-30 minutes, and after playtimes and meals. We do this with Red and he hasn't had an accident in the house yet. It's a lot of work initially, but it's worth it. Any accidents in the house will derail training - you must teach her that the only acceptable place to eliminate is outside, and never give her a chance to make a mistake.

Wow, sorry to write a book! Hope everything goes well. You will love this forum - it's so great for information and support. The community here is wonderful. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hbwright: yeah! i totally smell the puppy breathe.. especially when she sneaks a lick on my face!

LD: Yeah, I'm trying to deter it from chewing on chair legs and my foot lol

Burns: Good idea, I was planning on crate training her, but the crate my friend gave me ended up missing some important pieces haha.. So my other friend is willing to give me his old one since his pitt doesn't use it anymore.. So i just gotta clean that out well.
Last meal she did leave food in the bowl, so now I have a more general idea of how much she eats for now..

This morning after her breakfast, i was still so sleepy so I accidentally fell asleep while the dog was lying next to me on my bed while we were watchin tv.. Woke up 2 hours later and she was sleeping soundly, but there was a soaked in puddle in my blanket lol! That was totally my fault, I asked for that lol.. Other than that, she's been pretty decent about going outside. I'm just thankful she didn't take a #2 in the house yet!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Congratulations!! She is such a cute little gal!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts