Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost Pullo last night. We were at the hotel at an agility trial when he started throwing up. His vet was at the same trial. We decided to take him to a clinic just down the road from the site. They did an exam, bloodwork, xrays and seemed to think it was what we thought was a replay of a supposed bacterial infection earlier in the month.

After totally losing it at the trial, I started for home, wondering if his IBD was finally starting to take it's toll. We got home around 3:30 and I noticed he just couldn't settle and his respirations were quick. I checked his heartrate and it was at least 160. After consulting with his vet, I took him to the e-vet where they found an even higher heart rate. His breeder and my friend met me there.

They tried several meds to stabilize him and bring his heart rate down but nothing worked. He was moaning and trully suffering at that point and I begged them to end his pain. This was the same vet who had done both of his blockage surgerys and he did try hard to find ways to stabilize him. I could not put him through any more and asked them to euthanize him.

He would have only been 5 next week. I did find out that his father, Kipp, died of the same thing. After giving him such intensive care for most of his life, I am devastated. I thought he had dodged the cardio bullet.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,616 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful boy. May your wonderful memories of Pullo bring you some comfort during this difficult time.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
I'm so sorry. RIP Pullo.

Reactions: Sherryh and Cathy43

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
oh ((((hugs)))) my sincerest condolences, what a terrible shock.
He was blessed to have you, your love and care...especially when he needed you most, that you did the right thing by him. My heartfelt empathy for your loss...sleep in peace beautiful boy.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Cathy,
I am sitting here in disbelief and total shock. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how you must feel. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
RIP beautiful Pullo. What a loss. My heart goes out to you. I know how utterly devastated you must be. I'm very sorry.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it never gets any easier to let one you love so much go the the bridge but you did what was best for him, he is in no pain now and has no fear. May he rest in peace and the pain you feel be replaced with the happy memories you made together. :heartforyou:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts