Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger is going through a phase of testing me (ignoring commands) especially on walks by lightly pulling against the leash. The trainer I have been going to recommended a harness called Easy Walk by Premier the snap ring for the leash is in the front on the chest.
Last week I purchased one and saw an immediate change, I can slow him down with the slightest pressure applied. The down side is the positioning of the snap ring, it allows the lead to constantly slap against the front leg with each of Ruger's strides. So far he does not seem to mind but I am afraid it will become an irritant as time goes on.
Maybe I am just being too cautious but has anyone tried this harness and how did your dogs react to it over time?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Duke uses this same harness, and we've been doing 2 mile walks every day this week. I noticed clusters of pimples in the areas where the harness may rub against his skin (chest and arm pits). Not sure if the pimples are due to irritation of the hair follicles? They go away after 1 - 2 days if we don't go for long walks.

Someone also questioned me if it would affect his shoulder growth with the front harness, but I don't think it would as long as he walked correctly on loose leash?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts