Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet little redhead, about 3yo. She is in rescue now. Happy new year, mush ball. When she was sprung from prison she about wagged herself in half, and licked my hand non stop. Met up with the transport and she rode like a dream the whole way. First dobe of the year for our rescue. :D.

Sad part of the story... The AC i sprung her from just changed hands from parish funded to non-profit. Tying to go no kill. Laudable goal, impractical application. They are drowning in dogs. Saying the facility is dilapidated is like saying Hitler wasn't a very nice guy. She was sharing a run with another dog, but the sheet metal separator between them and the next run had been busted through by the dogs. Blood all over the concrete floor from the scrapes caused by the metal edges. A story on the news about a little dog being killed by a big dog in the same situation yesterday. :(

Long story short... Roxie began a new life today. She is safely scooped up and things are looking up for her. Sadly, people need to remember the other side of the "no kill" equation. What I saw today was far less humane than euthanasia.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts