Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry I have been off the board for a while. I have been getting my new consulting business up and running and teaching my class (one semester a year).

So, Pula is doing Ok. On Friday, I took her to her second scent test for Anise and she passed! In addition, we are scheduled to compete in our first nose work trial on May 20th. Should be a fun time by all.

On the health side, Pula is again appearing hormonal (moody, spooky, bitchy, over crazy in play, etc), right on schedule. We are running blood work now to see if we can confirm an ovarian remnant. If so, she will be in surgery very shortly to go find and remove it. If we get not blood work consistencies, then I have to decide what to do (since we may not get a 100% confirmation). When she is not "hormonal" she has done incredibly well, as she is maturing well. The last videos I posted of her nose work training were a few weeks before the change in her behavior.

Lisa

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Way to go you two!!!!

great nose on that girl! :)

I hope the hormonal thing can be 'cured'.......so odd.

Hugz to your furkids!

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Congratulations on passing the second scent test! Awesome!

I sure hope you get some definitive answers soon regarding her health/behavior. I know how much it must be stressing you out and it can't be much fun for her feeling like that either. I'll be thinking of you both; please keep us updated.

Reactions: rocketdoc
1 - 12 of 12 Posts