Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To celebrate that Pula is feeling much better, the tests show she is orthopedically fine, and that the weather was beautiful (sunny and 70F), we went to the beach today. Pula was really good and got in the water a little, which has never happened before. The other dog, Spree, was herding the waves and I think Pula was wondering what the heck she was doing.

She played really well with the couple of other dogs I allowed her to play with (the 2-year old laid back Rhodesian Ridgeback was her favorite). I only let her play with dogs after I observe them and decide.

They got about 15-20 minutes of off leash time at the end of the visit. The rest was on-leash. This is technically an on-leash beach, but it seems to be 50-50 for leashes. Going during the week, rather than the weekend, keeps the riffraff and annoying dogs to a minimum. Everyone there today was very well behaved - people and dogs.

A Happy Doberman.

Chasing Spree.

More playing.

Trying not to get wet.

The three amigos.

Recall.

Watching the goings on.

Her Ridgeback buddy.

Trying to save him from the waves.

Getting out of there quick!

A bad out-of-focus photo, but I wanted to show you that she feels better. She is fully stretched out and a foot off the ground. Too bad I missed the focus. She was really flying.

Official pose.

Thanks DT!

Lisa

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Gorgeous pics! Glad to see Pula is feeling better :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to say that Pula's leash got caught in my Teva sandals and she took me from standing upright to face plant in the sand before I knew what hit me. Thank goodness no one got a picture of it. :)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful pics! Hard to pick a favorite, but I really love the last one!! Looks like a fun day at the beach!! :)

Jan

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Beautiful pictures, and I'm glad to see Pula feeling so good. Some of these photos are definitely potential calendar submissions this year!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Your photos are so gorgeous!! Pula is looking great. I am so glad to hear she's feeling better now. Spree is such a pretty little girl. I love her. And I love Ridgebacks, so I really enjoyed seeing them as well. :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. I was glad to see Pula happy and playful. If I am right about what is going on with her, in June/July I will see her evil side again... But, until then, I hope to keep her happy and training well. She will be 2 in February. She is currently 26.5 tall, and still 61 pounds.

Reactions: brw1982

·
_______
5,102 Posts
She's a vision. Glad she's feeling better.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Even though it's out of focus, I LOVE that shot of her racing on the beach. So happy to see her having fun and feeling well.

Also, I cracked up at the shot of her trying to save her Ridgeback friend only to see the next shot of her racing away from the waves. LOL Silly girl. :)

Reactions: Adara and rocketdoc
1 - 20 of 25 Posts