Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this may not be a big deal to most of you BUT today was Takiras first day out of her crate for the entire day while we were at work. I have tested the waters for a few weeks on weekends and 1-2 hour trips away but never have I left her out all day.

I am so happy to say she did great! She didnt tear anything up or chew on anything. I do think she was on the couch though cause I found lil black har on there...hehehe sneaky little girl.
:shhhh:
I even tempted her by leaving a brand new unopened 35lb bag of Chicken Soup dog food in the kitchen. :D Oh and the cat still seems to be in one piece.

Tomorrow she will stay out again but this time I have hooked up one of those wireless Linksys network cameras so I will be able to check in on her from work. Now I just need a way to tell her "nein" or "platz" from work and we will be good to go. :)

As you can tell I am very happy, I am working towards breaking her of the crate and this is just another positive step in letting her prove herself.

:chlead: :clap: :cool2:

TD

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Way to go Takira!!!! Hey I saw in one of the dog magazines that here in Japan they've come out with a doggy cell phone. It attaches to their collar and automatically answers when you call - if you have her on the web-cam dealy and see her doing something wrong, you can call her and tell her no :) or good girl if needs be :)
I've started leaving Chi out when I run to take Jordan to school and pick her up. It takes me all of 10 minutes to do that and so far all has gone well. Will probably be at least a couple more months before we go much further. This weekend we will see how it goes leaving her out at night. We got her a new bed - actually it is a crib mattress :) Here's to hoping she stays on it rather than trying to get in bed with us :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
What did I tell ya TD? I told you she would be great. I also told you she might try to get on the couch! :) I am so happy to hear she did a great job, and proved that she can be a good girl. Good Job Takira!!!

Tracy: Don't you want little Chi in your bed with you? They make great bed and feet warmers!! Chi make sure you can prove to your mom that you are the best dobergirl in her part of the world. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Wow that is Great!! I know it is so nice when you can leave them out and come back home and you STILL HAVE A HOME:dancing_b
Here the only one we put up for part of the day is Iris, that is only because she is still very playful and runs into things. Well, Congrats All around for your family. and Keep it up!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
Tracy: Don't you want little Chi in your bed with you? They make great bed and feet warmers!! Chi make sure you can prove to your mom that you are the best dobergirl in her part of the world. :)
I have a perfectly good warmer. His name is Petri and although during they day he's a pretty small 9.5 pounds, at night he weighs 95!

TD, how's the kitty doing btw? Any new pictures???? :)

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
This is a big deal. We should be popping the cork on a bottle of Champagne, this is truly a milestone. Big congratulations......Your girl is gaining your trust and you in turn is trusting her.....Maybe consider using the telephone answering machine to talk to her through the day. I know ours works like that. You can hear the caller leaving a message. Proud Poppa, yes....

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great to hear TD!! Lex does that couch business too.... I just need to learn to deal with it and keep a sheet on the couches.... it's my own fault for letting her up there in the first place.

But congrats to Takira!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations!!

i fear that day is still far off with Abby. She probably wouldn't have much time to destroy anything since I figure she'd be at the front window barking at people on the street all day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts