Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so proud of Caesar today! I have a little story to share that was so cool that I called Monica(my breeder) the moment it happened!

Long story short, I office from home when I am not traveling. A girl I am seeing came by for lunch on her break. After eating she sat outside and had a quick smoke before she left.

Caesar was laying out on the fenced in patio so I left the door open and was back in my office answering an email when I heard him barking. Then he ran in and looked at me like what the hell dad??!

Now, I think I may have mentioned that he is not particularly vocal so when Caesar barks, he always has a reason and I pay attention.

I follow him outside and up against the wall of my house, is a still lit cigarette that the wind had blown. Now keep in mind, the house was not on fire and it was just smoldering....so with the wind, I didn't even notice until Caesar "showed" me what he was barking at!!!

I proceeded to put the cigarette out and then throw it away. He was immediately calm, grabbed his ball, and walked back inside.....I tried to praise him but he was like....what?? Just doing my job lol

Showed a lot of intelligence for a bratty adolescent! Very proud daddy right now:)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Give that dog a bone.............I was just watching this morning on Animal Planet a dog and his owner went for a walk and she fell and was hurt.....the dog went running for help. Some men on motor vehicles were in the area and the dog went right up to them and was barking and running down the path...well they followed and found his owner...I get emotional when I see this....Dogs are very smart and they love us more than we will ever know...

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I agree, give Caesar a good meaty bone to enjoy! What a smart fellow you have taking care of you! You definitely have a right to be very proud of him! :) Bone, Daddy, MEATY BONE!!!

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
What a good boy!!!

I remember when Emily was barking in the laundry room, which was so odd, and I went in to find I had left the iron on overnight.

Strange animals these dobes are. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.......I love all dogs but our dobies are special!!

What a good boy!!!

I remember when Emily was barking in the laundry room, which was so odd, and I went in to find I had left the iron on overnight.

Strange animals these dobes are. ;)
Sometimes their intelligence is just awesome!! .....until they use it in MISCHIEVOUS WAYS LOL!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts