Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Check out Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/ I am currently feeding my 2 year old this and she loves it. I noticed a big difference in her coat after having her on this food, no more dandruff and she put on a few pounds that she needed.

Chicken Soup seems like a pretty good food. I used to feed it to my dogs before they ate raw. My cats still eat Chicken Soup as they have not been very cooperative with the raw diet. :spanka:
 

· Pack Leader
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Lil Arrow said:
From looking at the ingredience, there is no wheat. I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Also, someone said their dog gained weight? "Tubby Tuna" does not need to put any more pounds on. Thanks again, I will phone our local pet stores. Being in Canada, it may not be available here but I will try in the morning.
Well my dog gained about 6 lbs after switching to this food, but it was needed weight she was a little thin IMHO.

As for price it is a little more expensive than the Big Box store stuff BUT keep in mind they dont need as much food. I pay $28.00usd for a 35lb bag. I feed her 1.25 - 1.5 cups of food per day, one in the morning one in the evening. I add a small amount (Tsp) of Red Cidar Vinegar in her food and a 1/4 cup of water. The Vingar keeps my grass from getting all yellow when she pees, we are wroking on having her go in one spot.

DA
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,590 Posts
Doberadmin said:
Well my dog gained about 6 lbs after switching to this food, but it was needed weight she was a little thin IMHO.

As for price it is a little more expensive than the Big Box store stuff BUT keep in mind they dont need as much food. I pay $28.00usd for a 35lb bag. I feed her 1.25 - 1.5 cups of food per day, one in the morning one in the evening. I add a small amount (Tsp) of Red Cidar Vinegar in her food and a 1/4 cup of water. The Vingar keeps my grass from getting all yellow when she pees, we are wroking on having her go in one spot.

DA

Great so you did find a solution for that! Geez I can't believe you didn't want to follow her around with the hose 24/7??? :haha: Hehehhehehe!!!!
 

· Banned
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
One thing to also consider is to call the copany ask if the food cantains additives.... the company will say we are AAFCO safe... tell them so... we need to know if the company before you go the meat had additives. and you want to know..dont let anyone push you around.... make them tell you if the food has additivies... HEHEHE hope i could help alittle
 

· Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Hi Everyone , So I Been Told Science Diet Is Better Then Weight Control Iams My Dukane Eats Iams Weight Control He Is Over Weight I Feed Him 2 Times A Day 1 Cup 1/3 He Is 95 Lbs So Should I Switch To Other Then Iams???? I Tryed Hi Pro Purina He Got The Runs Bad. I Pay
$28.89 For A 44lbs Bag..iams He Likes It No Runs From It. He's Been On Iams Scence When He Was A Pup 8wks Science Diet & Iams Are From The Same Company,
Thanks Sheila,
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,590 Posts
That's a good idea, never heard of that before.... I'm pretty fortunate, the only one that has gotten chunky in the house is Scrappy the7 year old mix, and she trimed right up with just cutting her food back and more exercise. And believe me she hates exercise, I just had to start actually taking her for walks!! After Lexy and Harley I'm too pooped to take scrappy too!!
 

· Banned
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
dukanemydobe said:
HI, when i drink my Glass of milk my dobe will beg for some he wont let me alone he wants some to. he gos crazy over milk so is it ok to let him drink some? just alittle thanks
sheila.

dukane regular milk can cause runs if to much is given but a little never hurt any dog... it doesnt coat it goes strait thru them but give to much and youll be cleaning your carpet again :D hugs sheila... talk soon hun
 

· Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
joce said:
Her stuck up fourum is a nice place to be and thats wha tthey want this to be! Not something people are lying on!

If you read mordys site you can get a lot better food for the price of nutro.

What would you reccomend, i go to PetSmart, i dont wanna have to order my food online, but i guess i might have to
 

· Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
If you have a list of things you want in the food and a price range email the girl on the site I linked to earlier in the thread. I buy diamond but if I had more money to spend I'd go with something better. But for the money I have thats the best. I don't remember what else is in the price range of nutro though.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,590 Posts
whiteandblue said:
dukane regular milk can cause runs if to much is given but a little never hurt any dog... it doesnt coat it goes strait thru them but give to much and youll be cleaning your carpet again :D hugs sheila... talk soon hun

Actually I beg to differ, it does coat their stomach. Vet's recommend it if you suspect your dog may have gotten into poison and already vomited it up and not in a state of emergency, they tell you to give milk because coats and settles the stomach. But obviously yes if you over "milk" they do potty more.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I was told that if you give a dog bread it will make them gain weight... but my experience has been that it will also clogg them up... there alot of high calorie holistic foods that will help gain weight... and gunner im glad im not the only person who has noticed that :D hugs gunner...

i would like to put a few pounds on prince and tasneem they are 26 and 22 at 14 weeks... she has come along way from 6 pounds when i bought her... but i sometimes feel she looks skinny.... not sure if i should add something to their diet or waht? any ideas.?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Lexus said:
Actually I beg to differ, it does coat their stomach. Vet's recommend it if you suspect your dog may have gotten into poison and already vomited it up and not in a state of emergency, they tell you to give milk because coats and settles the stomach. But obviously yes if you over "milk" they do potty more.

I completely understand your vet... i thought it did too... but maybe i will ask the vet also if it coats if you dont give alot... cause i know if you give to much you will have the runs all over... so you may be correct in that since... i will see so i can know also but YOU MAY VERY WELL BE CORRECT that alittle will coat the stomach if they have a stomach ache :D hugs lexus
 

· Banned
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Gunner you know alot of people go thru this and petsmart isnt the best but... there are some better foods tehre... if you want holistic at petsmart... go with Blue Buffalo... it is aweszome... just wish my rascals would eat it.... it is about the price of science diet.
 
41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top