Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,590 Posts
I know that corn isn't good, however of course you think holistic is best, you work at a holistic food store...... I know holistic is good though, maybe just your wording is the turnoff. "I'll tell you what's good...." The approach of asking us a retorical question (is your dog a vegitarian?) for one, if someone actually thought their dog was, then what they need is educated not told that you will fall to the floor laughing at their stupidity basically.

I'm sure your intentions are well meant, however, the approach was not very personable.....

· Registered
6,590 Posts
To me remarking that you would roll on the floor at the wrong answer is insinuating(sp?) "stupidity" at someone basically. Once again, as I said, I'm sure your intentions are well meant. Just the wording.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
Yeah I started The chick soup too and it has made a noticable difference with Lexus. I feed less, she was really dandruffy and that has completely gone away! No corn, not sure about wheat though......might want to check that.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
Doberadmin said:
Well my dog gained about 6 lbs after switching to this food, but it was needed weight she was a little thin IMHO.

As for price it is a little more expensive than the Big Box store stuff BUT keep in mind they dont need as much food. I pay $28.00usd for a 35lb bag. I feed her 1.25 - 1.5 cups of food per day, one in the morning one in the evening. I add a small amount (Tsp) of Red Cidar Vinegar in her food and a 1/4 cup of water. The Vingar keeps my grass from getting all yellow when she pees, we are wroking on having her go in one spot.

DA

Great so you did find a solution for that! Geez I can't believe you didn't want to follow her around with the hose 24/7??? :haha: Hehehhehehe!!!!

· Registered
6,590 Posts
That's a good idea, never heard of that before.... I'm pretty fortunate, the only one that has gotten chunky in the house is Scrappy the7 year old mix, and she trimed right up with just cutting her food back and more exercise. And believe me she hates exercise, I just had to start actually taking her for walks!! After Lexy and Harley I'm too pooped to take scrappy too!!

· Registered
6,590 Posts
whiteandblue said:
dukane regular milk can cause runs if to much is given but a little never hurt any dog... it doesnt coat it goes strait thru them but give to much and youll be cleaning your carpet again :D hugs sheila... talk soon hun

Actually I beg to differ, it does coat their stomach. Vet's recommend it if you suspect your dog may have gotten into poison and already vomited it up and not in a state of emergency, they tell you to give milk because coats and settles the stomach. But obviously yes if you over "milk" they do potty more.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
My vet always recommended that large breed puppies be taken off puppy food by 10 or 11 months rather than the 1 year that is suggested. I weaned Lexy off at 11 months. (ohhh big whoop one month.... :) Give your vet a call that knows Gunner, he'll give you his info on it.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
slandaker said:
Just curious, what brands are best?? I live in a very, very rural area, appalachia to be exact. I don't live near a Petsmart or a Petco. There is a Petland and other non chain pet stores. It seems every food I look at has corn in it, even Science Diet or Iams. I tried Holistic, but Loki wouldn't touch it. I would rather not order online. I have had to do that in the past for my ferrets and it can be a real pain, especially when you run out and have to wait for the new shipment.

Chicken Soup for the dog lover's soul doesn't have corn, I always get it from Pet Supplies Plus though, I tried Giant eagle but they don't have it here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.