Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could maybe help me figure out what size link to get? We have a Herm Sprenger prong collar and I'm pretty sure it is chrome. We need some extra links but I have no idea what size. I bought the collar at class and was told it is medium size. We went to PetCo and got their brand links and those were small size (and complete trash IMO).

Here's some pictures... any ideas?

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!! Yeah, I was desperate and got the PetCo ones but returned them. They were so cheaply made.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we have had the prong come apart before. We were at the pet store and had just bought a nylon slip collar as a backup for the prong (we had Nova with us). I stopped to put it on her before going back outside because I was so paranoid. The prong actually came apart while we were standing there getting the plastic tags off. Good thing we were inside. :)

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I have this prong and it's never opened. Some people feel safer with a backup but after a few years of using it, it's never come apart. Not sure if the different prong styles make the difference.

Herm Sprenger Chrome Prong Collar with Quick Release

Yeah, we have had the prong come apart before. We were at the pet store and had just bought a nylon slip collar as a backup for the prong (we had Nova with us). I stopped to put it on her before going back outside because I was so paranoid. The prong actually came apart while we were standing there getting the plastic tags off. Good thing we were inside. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have this prong and it's never opened. Some people feel safer with a backup but after a few years of using it, it's never come apart. Not sure if the different prong styles make the difference.

Herm Sprenger Chrome Prong Collar with Quick Release
I also had a Herm Sprenger Quick Release Prong Collar for my last boy and one day I gave him a correction and it opened up and fell off. He did have a backup collar but it was scary. I returned the collar and bought the regular prong and I've never had a problem with it.

I was reading that Leerburg stopped selling the Quick Release Prong Collars because a lot of people had the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts