Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Yes. Novartis had a problem at their sole manufacturing plant of Interceptor (and Deramaxx, and two other drugs that are likely never going to make a huge difference since they are used in much smaller quantities).

the plant was shut down temporarily, and Novartis halted all shipment of Interceptor for a month or so. They recently as of of 2/2/12 started shipping some of their leftover stock again, and their last communication with us stated that they are opening the plant back up to start manufacturing soon.

They acknowledge the shortage is inconvenient, but nothing can be done. Sucks, my clinic is out of most sizes of interceptor and we are slowly running out of Sentinel... I have none for my BC puppy right now!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I stocked up on Interceptor when the announcement came out. My vet clinic has a large stock, though, and didn't anticipate a problem. But, based on what werecatrising says, I should consider ordering some more. I don't want to run out during the summer months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sentinel

We had only one Sentinel left with two dogs, so we gave one Sentinel and switched the other to Trifexis on the recommendation of our vet. No problems with that first use, but we gave it right after she ate and hid it in a pill pocket. I guess that we will need to switch the other dog to Trifexis if we can't get Sentinel for next month, but I'm hesitant because he's the one that got so sick last year with Myasthenia Gravis.

Is it the same story for Sentinel as Interceptor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts