Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vets told me today they received some preliminary results on the necropsy.

Apparently everyone is really shocked by the fact that she made it two years past diagnosis in pretty good health. No one here has ever encountered that.

The cancer had spread to her lungs (we knew that from x-rays), her liver, her skin, and her heart. Wow.

They haven't done the brain yet, there was nothing immediately visible, but we hope we find a reason for the episodes. If they weren't seizures, I suppose they could have been due to some of the other things.

I am hoping all of this can help with closure, at least I didn't find out she was just really constipated.......believe me, it crossed my mind.

And Priscilla, don't send pennies to me yet...stop it.

The window installer we had in the other day had doberman puppies for sale, go figure. What are the odds? Of course, it was a BYB and it would never happen anyway. Then I ran into a neighbor across the road (I've never met her) who told me she just lost her golden to osteo. Weird. We talked for a bit and helped each other I think.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
I too am hoping that the results can help you with some closure :) Priscilla was quite the fighter and was so very lucky to have you as her mom EmilyB. Without your love and all of the wonderful care and devotion that you gave her, she may not have gotten two more years to bless all of us with her presence. I am so very sorry for your loss EmilyB- we all know how much you loved (and always will) Swilly. She was an AMAZING gal. THANK YOU for sharing her with us for all of these years. She will be missed by many.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Ooh Emily...I didnt know you lost Swilly! I am so very sorry. But you do know she is better off now, as it was getting to where she was suffering. I imagine you had to put her down and I am very sorry you had to make that decision, sooo very difficult. My sympathies to you and your family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts