Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Priscilla more dental

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GrdnDelite 
#1 ·
Priscilla had another large tooth removed today. This time, the vet did not say she has osteosarcoma, why bother...:)

It was tough though, she was in a lot of distress tonight, but is sleeping now.

They did lung x-rays again, her metastases haven't changed in size and her oxygenation during surgery was fine.

The only thing is I dropped her off, and hubby picked her up.....she is now attached to his hip, :p

#4 ·
Get well wishes sent your way.

Simon is scheduled for surgery to remove two molars in two weeks. They are so rotted that you can see a good 1/4 of exposed root. It's awful. We saw the teeth on the same visit that he tested positive for heartworm, so we had to take care of the heartworm first. My vet wanted to wait six months post-heartworm treatment to be sure he could handle the anesthesia (he had some lung and heart damage from the heartworms). The teeth have been getting worse, so I'm very glad he's going in soon. Only downside is the huge cost. I've been quoted between $500 and $1000. He'll have both teeth pulled, a full cleaning, and potentially some x-rays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.