Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
W0v6W6O0iKc

My mom and I went to this event with Ruff and Prime. The boys had a blast! As you can see, Prime was his usual goofy-play bowing self and had to flirt with the other dogs. His favorite was the Cane Corso in the video, I got the owner's information and Prime will be having a play date with her soon! We saw beautiful parrots, fish, ferrets, rabbits, and lots of other animals. I saved the best for the end of the video...a mini horse wearing chuck taylors!

I met a woman there who has a Dobe from the same breeder, she could tell just by looking at Prime so we had a great chat. In the beginning of the video, Prime has glasses on his butt. When I stopped by the parrot booth a woman there owned and loves Dobermans and said she used to do that to hers all the time, so she put her glasses on Prime and he was a good sport about it, lol.

The Pit Boss was there all day and educated the public about pitties and BSL, so I will include video of that as well. Prime gave him a high 5.

DWkpHT3UcrU

I also entered Prime in the Musical Chairs competition and we won(2nd year in a row!). The video is kind of long but comical. The little JRT that didnt want to sit and its owner cracked me up, and there was a mastiff that didn't sit at all, just lied down that was neck and neck with me somehow? :)

W2UNXLLJI6Q

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Congrats, you guys won the Musical Chairs:nicejob: Looks fun event!
On the second pic, Prime looks like saying "Pick me up like Ruff (mini-pin)";)

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is AWESOME. Can't wait for our Phoenix Pet Expo on 4/28!

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, you guys won the Musical Chairs:nicejob: Looks fun event!
On the second pic, Prime looks like saying "Pick me up like Ruff (mini-pin)";)

We've both got sit down pat!

Prime would love to be carried if he could ;p big baby

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, your pet expo looks awesome! We had ours a few weeks ago, and for some reason doesn't allow pets :confused: so I didn't go.
That's weird! This is the second year they've had the event here and it has been very successful, I would like to have a booth there next year but it's around 600 bucks. Is your expo put on by the same company this one is? This company has Expos in nearly every major city.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Someone is quite the social butterfly. He had a blast, his nub was non-stop. Doesn't hurt he's so good looking.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He has been a great dog in public and I am very proud of him. I hope he never loses that perpetual puppy behavior, it's great for public perception. I think no matter what the breed, people just melt and love to see dogs being so silly and happy like that. It was pretty cool when he and the Corso and the pit bull busted out in play at the end of their leashes in front of everyone. I don't care how much you hate those breeds, you can't resist to smile! My mom who was afraid of Dobermans and has never really been around them has become so attached to Prime. She cuddles with him now and baby talks to him all the time. She tells me that I probably won't ever have another dog like him. I know that most Dobermans are wonderful and easily grab your heart though :) I would love to find a smaller female rescue for her when her border collie passes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
That looks like so much fun! What happened with the poor pit with the chunk of his lip missing? I figured fights since he had other scars too it looked like.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,422 Posts
I can't believe it! I had never heard of a Pet Expo until this thread, but when I read about it and saw your videos, I was so excited I immediately googled for a Colorado Springs schedule. And YES!! We have one........ :thumbsup:

April 21 and 22. :smile10:

Of course, today is April 23rd. :smile3:

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks like so much fun! What happened with the poor pit with the chunk of his lip missing? I figured fights since he had other scars too it looked like.
That's Jagger :)

This is his story:

JAGGER?S STORY - Spring 2012 - Happily Ever After - The American Dog Magazine

Last week my boyfriend and I attended a screening of Beyond The Myth hosted by the rescue that saved Jagger. Jagger was there of course and took a lot of pictures with people, gave a lot of kisses, and cuddled on the couch a lot with people. My boyfriend has never really been around pit bulls, much less an ex-fighting dog, and got showered with kisses from Jagger.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts