Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling a bit of the pre-show jitters tonight.

Lucy is back in breed ring this weekend, which normally doesn't really make me too nervous anymore. Until she steps in the ring that is! :)

But we are also showing for the first time in AKC Rally Novice tomorrow. I hope I am not crazy to try to do both breed and rally on the same day. We did ASCA Rally last weekend (1st time ever) with 2 shows in one day. Blew the 1st but did super well in 2nd and Qd. I know we can do it, but I also know racing between breed and rally tomorrow will be a bit stressful! :) I've also got to think about how I get Lucy quickly and effectively transitioned from being in the breed ring to working mode, so she is up and working well for rally. That's what backfired last weekend in show 1, I just didn't have her up. The timing doesn't look too tight other than I need to make sure I get my Rally walk through in and hopefully don't miss Lucy's time in the breed ring while I'm doing it!

I'm trying to relax tonight and visualize all positive things. LOL. Lucy is groomed, gear bag is filled, camera is charging, and I think I will even pre-load the car tonight. Oh, and have a glass of wine. :)

I'm also going to just hope for the best tomorrow and do our best, but I try to take it all in stride too. I know dogs can humble us sometimes and you never know how things will go in the breed ring! Who knows what I will have to report back tomorrow! LOL.

Any pre-show jitter tips out there from those of you who compete? :)

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Just relax and know that you have prepared well. You guys are ready and you will rock it. I have shown conformation and agility in the same day and it was stressful but fun.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have no tips as I'm exactly the same way! Though I will say you will have a fabulous weekend. Why? Because any day spent with our dogs (win, lose, whatever) is a fabulous day!!!

Enjoy the shows, and be sure to post some of those pictures you're taking with the fully charged camera (now you'll have no excuse...haha)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
No advice other than to relax and enjoy! Good Luck to you and Lucy in both venues...we expect a full report and photos! :)

sam&macksmom, love the "naked dog" comment!

Jan

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Good luck with Lucy in both rings! Keep your eyes open for Connor's son Brody (red male). He'll be up there in Ventura with Cindi Huckfeldt in the BOB judging.

Are you going to the Orange Empire shows in San Bernardino next weekend?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with Lucy in both rings! Keep your eyes open for Connor's son Brody (red male). He'll be up there in Ventura with Cindi Huckfeldt in the BOB judging.

Are you going to the Orange Empire shows in San Bernardino next weekend?
Thanks! I will definitely keep my eyes out for Brody!

Yes, we are going to San Bernardino next weekend. Will you be there? Would be great to meet you. :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Yes, we are going to San Bernardino next weekend. Will you be there? Would be great to meet you. :)

I definitely won't be there Friday, as the ring time is 8:00 am, isn't it? I know the ring times are reasonable for Sat. and Sun., so I'll probably be there at least one of those days, maybe both. This is based on if the weather stays good...if it rains, all bets are off. If I'm there, I'll try to run you down.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I definitely won't be there Friday, as the ring time is 8:00 am, isn't it? I know the ring times are reasonable for Sat. and Sun., so I'll probably be there at least one of those days, maybe both. This is based on if the weather stays good...if it rains, all bets are off. If I'm there, I'll try to run you down.
Ringtimes:
Fri 8:00
Sat 2:15
Sun 11:00
Mon 12:45

Hope to see you there. :)

·
sandy2233
2,490 Posts
Still getting pre ring jitters. One of the obedience judges (for Novice A) gave general critiques after all of us were done. And one thing she commented on was how all our dogs heeled better off leash than on. It goes right down the leash when you're nervous. Wish I could get rid of the nervousness. Try to remember to have fun. Good Luck!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good luck! You'll do great! I always get DESPERATELY nervous when I have to compete in obedience for whatever reason. I think it's because we put so much of ourselves into training them and we want the world to see how great they are!

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Good luck today! Looking forward to the update on how everything went.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts