Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help again. Our Bella is 6 months old now.We have only had her for a month. She goes to bed at night for good around 10:00pm and is let out for final potty break before she goes to bed. Lately, she has been waking up at 4:00 and needs to go out asap, and she does p--p, so she isnt faking it to play. How can we get her to make it until at least 7:30am? we are all loosing sleep over this. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Does she go potty on her final potty break? Isabelle is 7 and we still stand outside and make sure she goes before bed - especially pee. She will still wake me up in the morning to go outside. She is getting up earlier because the sun is coming up. If I hit snooze more than twice she starts crying and if that doesn't work I get kisses and if that still doesn't work she barks. Maybe try giving her dinner earlier so that she can poop before bedtime. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My suggestions: If she's going out early in the AM to poop, you could try feeding her later (assuming she gets an evening meal). If she needs out at 4 AM just to pee, you could cut off access to the water bowl earlier, at say 8 PM. Make sure you stick to a consistent feeding schedule and adjust it accordingly. Oh, and Belle may need a couple days for her body to adjust to a new potty time. Good luck!

·
Registered
696 Posts
My suggestions: If she's going out early in the AM to poop, you could try feeding her later (assuming she gets an evening meal). If she needs out at 4 AM just to pee, you could cut off access to the water bowl earlier, at say 8 PM. Make sure you stick to a consistent feeding schedule and adjust it accordingly. Oh, and Belle may need a couple days for her body to adjust to a new potty time. Good luck!

I agree. Great Advice!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey has been waking me up again at night too.....but I've been running him a second time later at night because of the added daylight, and so I end up feeding him later and he needs he then needs more water. I figure it will pass as he gets more holding power. Some nights he goes 12 hours...so I know those days will be here before I know it!

Carol

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I forgot where I heared this, or if I just made this up, but the general rule of thumb of how long a puppy can hold it is the puppies age in months plus 1 is the hours they can hold it. So with a 6 month old, 7 hours is the amount of time between going. Like Sooz mentioned, limiting water in the evenings and moving the feeding times to later is a good idea. You might want to add a quick outside play session later in the evening. I know my girl can not run around and play without eliminating, it kinda causes it to happen. Plus they will be alittle more tired for bed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Petey has been waking me up again at night too.....but I've been running him a second time later at night because of the added daylight, and so I end up feeding him later and he needs he then needs more water. I figure it will pass as he gets more holding power. Some nights he goes 12 hours...so I know those days will be here before I know it!

Carol
goodness - how do you get Petey to go 12 hours?! Tia goes to bed at about 11pm and is always up at 6/6.30am!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey goes out cold for the night about 7:30pm after the "Devil Dog" hour...and then on weekends he will sleep for up to 12 hours....If he goes out during the night he will sometimes sleep until 9am! He gets soooo exhausted from all the activity from 4 sons and all the exersize I give him! I LOVE IT!

oxc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts