Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so I've read many peoples posts and suggestions about their potty training problems, but I think mine is a bit different.

The first week we had Diva, she was using the potty either outside or on a training pad (this was at 8 weeks). She no longer poops or pees in her kennel and she has privileges to sleep outside the kennel, on her bed. During the night, if she has to go outside she will whine and wake one of us up.

However, whenever she goes into another room of the house where my other dog's beds are, she will purposely pee all over them. Also, when she gets upset or she doesn't get something she wants she will pee anywhere.

She also has a tendency to want to pee on carpet (we don't have any but at my in-laws, they do).

We are not sure what we should do when she pees inside, or how to stop her from doing this. I am sure she knows she is not supposed to, seeing she will go hours without having an accident inside her kennel, and hours during the night without having an accident anywhere in our room.

(the other two dogs are completely house trained, they let us know when they have to go out, and NEVER have accidents inside)

Suggestions, tips ?????

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I would take her out every 30 minutes so she does not have an oppertunity to need go inside. I tether my pup to me so I can watch them and then there is no oppertunity to slip in the other room. If I catch them in the act....I calmly pick them up and take them out....when they start to pee/poop again....I prasie them like crazy. We make a huge deal out of them going outside.....we call it a "pee party." I don't give a reaction to when they have an accidnet in side because it's MY fault not theirs. I bell train my pups...so every time we go out (i have a bell on the door they ge out of....that they can reach with their nose) I ring the bell....everytime. This gives them a way to tell you they have to go out.....after they gain a little freedom in the house. The bell is good because there is a clear way of communication they need something. Now after they grow up....they ring it all the time:D

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Way too much freedom way too soon. She should be crated or tethered to you, and she needs to go out much more frequently. She's not peeing "on purpose" on those places, she just isn't housetrained yet. Make sure you clean the places she's had accidents with a good enzymatic cleaner so she can't still smell them. Don't give her the opportunity to have more accidents.

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I honstly doubt she is purposely peeing niside. I doubt she really knows to go outside at 10 weeks old. More supervision, more time outside, more praise and partying for pottying outside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts