Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juno is almost 7 months old now and we started posting her ears again 5 days ago. She recently had to be on some medication, and while she was taking her meds I noticed her ears were not standing quite as straight as normal. I also noticed that when she would get hot one of her ears will get kinda soft and flop over backwards, therefore I decided to put her ears back up. SO...My problem is that when I went to take her post down tonight there was some kind of slime under the tape in the crease of her ear (does that make sense). It looked like someone had put a ton of neosporin all over her ear. There also looked to be a small raw patch. Could this be from her getting out in 100+ temps and humid weather? We never had issues before, but we had not been posting for about 1 month before now.

She also acts like her ears itch! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
Juno is almost 7 months old now and we started posting her ears again 5 days ago. She recently had to be on some medication, and while she was taking her meds I noticed her ears were not standing quite as straight as normal. I also noticed that when she would get hot one of her ears will get kinda soft and flop over backwards, therefore I decided to put her ears back up. SO...My problem is that when I went to take her post down tonight there was some kind of slime under the tape in the crease of her ear (does that make sense). It looked like someone had put a ton of neosporin all over her ear. There also looked to be a small raw patch. Could this be from her getting out in 100+ temps and humid weather? We never had issues before, but we had not been posting for about 1 month before now.

She also acts like her ears itch! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
It happens due to chafing and the heat. I would suggest Gold Bond powder in the areas where moisture collects like inside the ear and in the fold.Apply with a small cotton ball or q-tip. Keep it away from the entire ear or your tape won't stick. Also try and use less tape if you can to let more air at the skin.

Reactions: Sinister and Juno

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens due to chafing and the heat. I would suggest Gold Bond powder in the areas where moisture collects like inside the ear and in the fold.Apply with a small cotton ball or q-tip. Keep it away from the entire ear or your tape won't stick. Also try and use less tape if you can to let more air at the skin.
Should I let the raw spot heal before reposting? Is it normal for her ears to stop standing good while being on meds? lol! sorry but I just am lost, they were standing perfect and now they neither one are straight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts