Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far we have 8" in the Lehigh Valley, PA area. This is so unbelieveable. I am so afraid we are going to lose my Kwanzi Cherry trees. Only minor on/off power outages. Put cookies in the oven and then the power decided to go out. Luckily it went back on in a few minutes and the cookies were saved! DirecTV out all day though. Trying to keep Baron occupied!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Old girl AMY, in "stealth" mode...still moving faster, than the camera flash... (aka. speed of light)...lol.

If you don't blink, you might just see, our dobe...speed demon.
(maybe I cheated...former winter photo / from Canada...wet/snowman packing snow...leaves a good paw imprint)
- footsteps, after a morning pee break / back & forth image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
Oh man, my family is all in NY and has been telling me all about the snow! I'm so glad Kano isn't up there right now because she HATES to go to the bathroom in the snow. We got stranded in the blizzard last year and she was such a diva about it lol

I can't believe it's already snowing in October.

Good luck to everyone up there, and stay warm and be safe!

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Nice pictures. I wish I would have had my camera out this afternoon. Indy had the zoomies, slipped in the snow and fell on his butt then got up and kept running. :)

·
sandy2233
2,490 Posts
I had 8 1/2 inches on my deck railing last Wednesday morning. And you do not know how rare it is to be able to measure snow that is on the level and not on the north side of some post. It was really quite beautiful. No wind, very good moisture for the ground. This country was needing a drink. And Emily loved it. I had to scoop a path for the Yorkie though, it was deeper than she is tall and she hates to pee in the snow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish we had significant snow here in oregon... where I live we are lucky to get it for a day a year lol... mostly it just freezes... but last year Pistol and my old dalmation had so much fun in the 10 inches we got!!

Reactions: dax0402

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Your snow looks about as bad as my friends in CT! Hopefully we'll get your weather sometiem next week :) I cant wait for my boys first snow!

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a few photos from this morning. We had a total of 10". My cherry trees are OK. Snow melted off them and the branches sprang back. None broken.

Find the Doberman?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just a few photos from this morning. We had a total of 10". My cherry trees are OK. Snow melted off them and the branches sprang back. None broken.

Find the Doberman?
Absolutely beautiful scenery and dobe! Where did you get your dobe's coat? I need to get one for Coco and Asia before we get our snow for the year. We live in Ohio so its gets pretty chilly!

·
Super Moderator
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely beautiful scenery and dobe! Where did you get your dobe's coat? I need to get one for Coco and Asia before we get our snow for the year. We live in Ohio so its gets pretty chilly!
Thanks so much. All his coats are from cozyhorse.com. Great quality and great service. They have coats especially made for Dobermans. Baron is a model on several of their sites:
Insulated Winter Dog Coat size 20 for sweetmatilda22 by COZYHORSE)

Custom order for kristinedwards by COZYHORSE on Etsy

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts

Kaiser's first snow! :)

Edit: We haven't had power since Friday night, finally gave up and went to a hotel. We tried heading for a hotel last night, but found that there were trees blocking the road on either side of the mountain down from our house. A neighbor's house burnt down because, even if any of us had electricity or phone service to call 911 with, no emergency vehicles were able to get up to us because of the trees. So sad ): Finally got the roads cleared this afternoon and got out. Too many trees hitting the ground around our house to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Kaiser's first snow! :)

Edit: We haven't had power since Friday night, finally gave up and went to a hotel. We tried heading for a hotel last night, but found that there were trees blocking the road on either side of the mountain down from our house. A neighbor's house burnt down because, even if any of us had electricity or phone service to call 911 with, no emergency vehicles were able to get up to us because of the trees. So sad ): Finally got the roads cleared this afternoon and got out. Too many trees hitting the ground around our house to be safe.
So very sad about your neighbor house. Hope you get your power back soon. This was such an awful storm for the East Coast especially following Irene and Lee! Looks like Kaiser had a good time with his first snow adventure.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Love the pics :) P.s: Do you ever bubble wrap/hessian wrap your cherry trees? We do it with the bays and olive trees and they always last better through heavy show when we do it

·
Super Moderator
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Love the pics :) P.s: Do you ever bubble wrap/hessian wrap your cherry trees? We do it with the bays and olive trees and they always last better through heavy show when we do it
Thanks. The problem was that there are still leaves on most of the trees here and the heavy, wet snow weighed them down. If the leaves would have been off, there most likely would not have been this much of a problem. This snow storm was so not the norm in this area of the US. We get some snow in October, not often, but it usually is just an inch or so, not ten to twelve inches. Some places in New England got up to 2 feet. Freaky weather!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Give em' a good SHAKE and they wont have leaves on for long! Hehe, just kidding.

The weather looks crazy, my friends have been uploading pictures and it looks like even more then 2 feet. They're having problems with the power so hope everyone is safe and well :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts