Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my pup today after her ear crop. She was 100 miles an hour, as usual. I asked the tech why her ears were not racked. He told me that they would stand on their own. I said, no they won't, but he insisted. Is this something new? I previously had a female that was racked for 3-4 months, and the vet did the rack when we had them cropped. We are using a different vet, and I may be starting to regret it. The other vet is an hour drive from us, this new one is 15 minutes. Could the vet just be waiting until the stitches are removed? Is there someone that can help me with the posting, if he won't do them? Thanks.

·
Got mutt?
13,817 Posts
Welcome to DT.

Unless her ears are cropped super-short (as in pittie short), then no, they won't stand on their own.

Once her stitches are out, and her ears are completely healed, you can post them yourself, following the tutorial threads here on DT.

PS: we like puppy pictures. There is a tutorial on how to share them using Flickr in the New Members section.

·
Super Moderator
21,873 Posts
Most vets who crop ears are terrible at posting ears. A "rack" is very old school and not the ideal way to post ears anymore. Owners need to learn to post the ears themselves. This is an excellent tutorial and posting is very easy. https://www.dobermantalk.com/ear-cr...sting-show-cropped-ears-using-backer-rod.html

Wait until her ears are fully healed, no stitches, no healing edges, and then you can start posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts