Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 9 she still has a shoe addiction (typical woman :p ) lol

She has never chewed them, even as a puppy, but as soon as I come in from outside she snatches the first shoe I take off and goes to sleep with it.

View attachment 16085

I just came in from a run, and since the onset of her hip dysplasia she doesn't come any more, she is probably pissed. Only controlled walks now on leash :(

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,602 Posts
Cute! :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My girl is almost 17 months and she is the same way. She has never chewed a shoe but she loves to carry them around. The other morning she jumped on the bed while I was still sleeping with my shoe. I woke up to me shoe hovering above my head!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
What a beautiful girl! Kyrah does this too! She has since she was a puppy. When I am gone she gets one of my shoes and brings it to the couch with her. Sometimes when I am in the shower she gets one of my slippers to lay with. It is so cute! :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it's your scent. My moms cats, while I was still living with my parents some years ago, would stick their entire heads into my shoes and smell them for a few minutes, then start rubbing on them. They did this everyday I came home.

Maybe your doggy is infatuated with your scent and must take 'you' everywhere she goes, even during sleep time.

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's funny, because if the closet door by the front door is open, she'll go in and only take my shoes/boots. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts