Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sadcry: I am so upset! Raven our 5 year old is sick! She has been throwing up all her food for 2 days now, but she can keep down water. She is just not acting herself and I do not like the way she is breathing! I took her to the Vet this morning, and he took some blood test which was ok but her liver test were BAD! She now has to go tomorrow for a ultresound of her liver. I would just die if anything happened to my RAy Ray... She is my baby!! I have been on the edge of crying all day.. have broke down a couple of time. and to make matters worse, we are to have a snow storm coming in!!!! the Vet we have to go to is about 1 1/2 hours away.. Please pray for poor Raven to be alright!!! I will post tomorrow as soon as I know something.. thanks for listening, friends..

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
OMG it's the uncertainty that hurts,i certainly pray for her, i hate to think of any dog being ill, its worse when its one of dobetalks own, i'm sure we are all behind her and you of course.Please give her a hug and kiss from me and my girls.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You and Ray Ray are in our prayers..

Good Luck
Naveen

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, everyone after spented all day at the Vet and $700 later.... xrays clear..(except for small rock in colon about to pass Dumb Dog) all looked normal and right size... ultersound of liver... Normal... new blood test.. liver count elevated.. Vet is not sure if it is the liver that is causing the problems or the digestive system that is... Now on meds for possible infection..anti-nausia, plus pepci AC.. bland diet 8 times a day for the next two days.. Rice, cottage cheese, boiled hamburger..
Now I have not eaten beef in 12 years and had to ask the meat dept. guy how to buy the leanest hamburger.. dumb me!!!
If is doesn't help then on to the next step... more test.. more $$$$
Keep us in your prayers.. Raven got 2 tablespoon of cottage cheese for supper.. hope she keeps it down...

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Hope its just a rock that will pass that has caused all the upset. These darn dogs sometimes.... Louise spent 3 days at the vet with the flu this past December and was fine. I mean my kids have been down with the flu for days before and it does not warrent a trip to the Dr. ..... Go figure. I think it has to do with the issue of not being able to communicate - at least my kids can tell me that they feel lousy and are going to puke!

I would have done the same thing as you. I hope we hear better news tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Well I hope Raven is feeling better. :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
The news is better anyway,lets hope she passes the rock and is better soon.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Raven kept down 2 tablespoon of cottage cheese and then 1/4 cup of rice last night along with her pills!:dancing_b
This morning, dogs so hungry got the trash can off the table and got into it.. I just hope that she didn't get into anything.. Hubby was in the tub at the time, and he is just not sure... 6:30 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and meds down.. I am going to try more rice at 7:30 and see how she does till I have to go to work.. I am going to make this a short day as I really need to feed her every 2 hours.. now she did poop one small but firm normal ----I am going to drop it off to the Vet to have it tested for worms!!! Hey I figure test all ends and see what happens!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Wow, I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I am right with you on the test everything and see what happens. If you have the means to do it, it can never hurt. I got pet insurance for mine, for just that reason. I hate to think that money would ever keep me from being able to do whatever they need to, but without the insurance...it might. I hope that she has a speedy recovery and is back to herself really soon.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
sounds like raven is on the mend. how about you frznbuns? If she has trouble with the hamburger, you may want to try ground turkey. very lean and easier on the stomach.
keep us all posted and we'll keep our fingers crossed.

cc

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the stool sample was negative for worms.. but the smell is so bad it still makes the vet think it is her liver Oh God I hope not!! I just don't know what I would do! So far all food is staying down.. Keep the prayers coming I really think it is working.. (Mariposa692001 Keep an eye out for your package for Sabot, you should have it by Tuesday I think, I hope he likes the treats and hope the shampoos and conditioners help! Let me know)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts