Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the "Pet Fair" held at the big DIY store and among 300 puppies and kittens, a dobe puppy was there. I couldn't believe how small she is, or did I forget Elza's puppy-age? Anyway I was surprised to know that she's going to be a 3-month old soon. Another surprise was that her leg is not straight, a bit "deformation". Because of the Product Liability the shop guy explained her leg I guess. I also guess that the greedy guy will push the customers to sell her because of the price.

The poor puppy was sold in nearly half price, if I use today's exchange rate, $1,230.

A lady was looking at the dobe and we started to chat about dogs.
She really wants to have a dobe but I don't think she will choose the poor puppy and I indirectly told her not to get that puppy.
I'm sorry for the puppy.
But there should be the reasons why she was so cheap... and I know at least one problem, leg.
What do you think it is OK to sell the puppy not in the perfect condition? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just horrible

I went to the "Pet Fair" held at the big DIY store and among 300 puppies and kittens, a dobe puppy was there. I couldn't believe how small she is, or did I forget Elza's puppy-age? Anyway I was surprised to know that she's going to be a 3-month old soon. Another surprise was that her leg is not straight, a bit "deformation". Because of the Product Liability the shop guy explained her leg I guess. I also guess that the greedy guy will push the customers to sell her because of the price.

The poor puppy was sold in nearly half price, if I use today's exchange rate, $1,230.

A lady was looking at the dobe and we started to chat about dogs.
She really wants to have a dobe but I don't think she will choose the poor puppy and I indirectly told her not to get that puppy.
I'm sorry for the puppy.
But there should be the reasons why she was so cheap... and I know at least one problem, leg.
What do you think it is OK to sell the puppy not in the perfect condition? Any thoughts?
A Pet Fair? Sounds like another way to bring many puppy mill/BYB together to sell uncared for and irresponsibly bred animals for deep profits. What kind of town would condone something like this? Makes me sick! If this was an adoption fair where legit animal rescue organizations come together to find forever loving homes with low adoption fees consistent with rescue fees, that would be one thing, but this is just crazy! Am I missing something here? I still can't believe it. My mother has done cat rescue for many years. I feel so bad for these animals. I hope the Doberman ends up in a loving and supportive home.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
A Pet Fair? Sounds like another way to bring many puppy mill/BYB together to sell uncared for and irresponsibly bred animals for deep profits. What kind of town would condone something like this? Makes me sick! If this was an adoption fair where legit animal rescue organizations come together to find forever loving homes with low adoption fees consistent with rescue fees, that would be one thing, but this is just crazy! Am I missing something here? I still can't believe it. My mother has done cat rescue for many years. I feel so bad for these animals. I hope the Doberman ends up in a loving and supportive home.
Elzajpn is in Japan which is what makes a pet fair not uncommon, it isn't something we would do here but it's different in Japan.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elzajpn is in Japan which is what makes a pet fair not uncommon, it isn't something we would do here but it's different in Japan.
Yes, I'm in Japan. The situation is unique here which I like and HATE. For example people prefer the puppy; smaller and younger are better mentality. Now the law regulates to sell the puppy after 45 days old, before it was not!
Personally I don't like the "Pet Industry" in Japan which is growing rapidly. There are so many legal loopholes.

At the so-called Pet Fair, 300 puppies and kittens were waiting for the new homes. But it's business, not free to go. That's why I felt uncomfortable after seeing the unhealthy doberman was sold there and raised anger toward the organizer of the Pet Fair. I hope all of them will go to the good families!

·
Registered
8 Posts
you people keep mentioning BYB. i guess thats me... I have two registered dogs (male and Female), yet i choose not to register my dogs and sell them with a spay/neuter contract......am i a byb?

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
you people keep mentioning BYB. i guess thats me... I have two registered dogs (male and Female), yet i choose not to register my dogs and sell them with a spay/neuter contract......am i a byb?
Well, do you show or do working sports with your dogs? Does either dog have any kind of title? Have you done health testing on BOTH dogs, including (but not limited to) the following: OFA or PenHIP on hips, VWD, current Holter tests, and a thyroid panel? Are you willing to take back any one of our pups, at any time in its life if the owner can't keep it? Is either of the dogs you are breeding Z factored? Is either dog in this breeding under the age of 2 years? The answers to these, and other, questions determine your BYB or ethical breeder status.

Reactions: PatchworkRobot

·
Registered
222 Posts
What makes your dogs worthy to be bred?

Why would you want your puppies offspring to reproduce?

What ARE YOU doing to better the doberman breed?

I think seeing as you ask the question, You probably do not know the answers... So my answer to you would be yes

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
From what I can see in adverts and blogspots...Japan is becomming the dumping ground for a lot of Australian puppy mill 'product' :( ....and the prices asked are freaky expensive! ...all done via brokers ...it makes me feel sick. :(

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
sorry Elzajpn for getting off track in your thread..............

miker...................if you are thinking of advertising/selling your unregistered pups as purebreds......................you had better read up on the livestock pedigree act of Canada.

and why the heck would you NOT register them, as you say both sire and dam are?

the registrations fees are just a minimal cost of raising puppies.

and also, to register with the CKC, all pups must be identified with a tattoo or microchip, before they leave their breeders home. This will ensure that if any pup is lost, you the breeder can be contacted, plus it permanently identifies/connects a pup with you the breeder.

A responsible breeder would want their pups to always be identifiable/connected to them for oh so many reasons.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Based on the little information that I know about you, I too will answer this with a yes.
Definitely read the links that were provided :]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts