Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

Guinness is now 14 weeks and we are 4 weeks post crop. His ears have healed exceptionally well and when resting, his ears sit at 10 and 2 position and when alert, they stand at 12 noon. I'm quite happy with them but obviously I still have a ways to go before they're finished.

I did discover pockets, and have been (for the past 7 days) posting them and have been using cotton to stuff the pockets, tape around the base 2 - 3 times to create heat, and have been giving him vitamin C tablets (500mg a day in a slice of cheese). Used to give him cottage cheese but unfortunately he got the runs so stopped.

I feel confident that I'm posting properly, switching bandages every 3 days, but I do feel like the pockets are going to cause me slight anxiety as they will take patience (and as a millennial this is tough). I am just wondering roughly how long it takes to fix pockets in the ears.

Thanks so much!

·
Da Boss
3,485 Posts
My understanding is that you should never give calcium to puppies. Vitamin C is a better option, we're giving our puppy Newton who is 16 weeks 1000mg x2 daily.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer to the pocket question!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets them confused (not sure why? the "C" maybe?)! Yes, I was going to mention vitamin C as well. When I was at the Rx picking mine up a helper came over to see if I needed help. I said 'I'm just looking for Calcium and looking at the mgs..." and he said, "you realize you're looking at Vitamin C?" lol. Stuff happens right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts