Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw this out there in hopes of more stories like mine. My sweet boy seems to have the knack of giving me a fat lip. I get one at least once a month if not more. I don't think he realizes how big he really is, since he is always curled up on my lap. The problem is he will all of a sudden jump up to get more comfortable and I get his head right square in the mouth. Which then he feels bad because mom is bent over holding her mouth. I get the sad airplane Dobie look of I'm sorry. He is also a pro at stretching his five mile long legs out and catching me in the mouth. I have even gotten it in the dead of the night when he is chasing rabbits in his sleep. My husband is glad everyone believes my stories of the dog did it lol. I'm thinking of designing a bumper helmet and boxing gloves for him for Christmas or I'm buying myself a face helmet lol. If you have stories of your ninja Dobie please share. :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yes! :) I think they're pretty well known for that. My boy had head butted me a few times, knocked me over while getting a bit too excited, jumped on me while on the chair, slipped and dragged his nails down my legs and the list goes on! I've heard of broken finges and cracked ribs too!

People might start asking my BF questions, as I bruise like a peach! :D

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
Kaiser once smacked me in the forearm with one of those big, heavy doberpaws... had a bruise that looked like someone had grabbed me! Got tons of questions on that one, LOL ;)

I also regularly get fat lips because Kaiser gets excited when I see him, and he throws his head back into my face for kisses.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Korben has given out his fair share of headbutts. Most the time it's when he gets over excited, and he'll throw is head up, then go down into a playbow, and he's so cute it's hard to get upset. XD He's given a couple fat lips, and bent my sister's glasses before.

He also likes to spread out on what couch next to people, and slowly dig his paws/claws into your sides.

Has anyone run into the problem of getting clawed when a dobe paws at a toy you're playing tug with? Korben seems to do it a lot, I've just started grabbing his foot, which only seems to leave him confused.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remington doesn't claw at me when we play tug of war, but he just tries to bite really close to my hand so I'll let go and he'll win. I do get clawed when we play on the floor and I slap at his feet and he slaps back, but since I keep his nails well trimmed it don't hurt to much. Hopefully others will chime in and give you some ideas.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
In my case, bruise on my legs all the time:screama:
When I sit with Elza, she suddenly stands up, starts to dig her cushion and her legs scratch my leg too, ouch!
When she sits down on my lap, she suddenly turns around me and her hard-rock head knocks my chin, ouch!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Lol yes! One second I will be watching him stretch saying awe he's so cute! And look how long he is then next thing I know I get a paw in the mouth! Scratch right down the top lip to bottom.... yeah my Doberman did it...... While he was stretching :/ lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also get my hip or butt nugged a lot! Then I look at him and he is staring at me like what? I didn't do anything? Is this a Doberman thing because only dogs that I knew that did that are both dobermans? Or maybe my lack of training my dog to not try to rush me along with what I'm doing lol

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,597 Posts
My last Dobe caused me to bump my elbow and caused severe tendonitis. Tried to go through a doorway at the same time as me. I needed to go to PT. Also the usual bruises from various collisions, lol.

·
Registered
793 Posts
you are most definately not alone. We have had black eyes, fat lips, bruises, you name it. And then come the "sorry ma" faces. I dont' think they realize their own strength. Big lovebugs that they are.

·
sandy2233
2,462 Posts
Just last week, I was laying on the couch when Emmie got the zoomies in the house. Usually, this is all kicks & giggles as I love to watch her do this. She went to bank off the back of the couch and her feet slid across my face (between the eyes) as she did this. Took all the hide off the top part of my nose. I have this horrible scab that is about 1 1/2 inches long. The bruising is just now setting in. NOT kicks & giggles.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
I posted about this about a month or so ago...

Dexter's brontosaurus noggin came straight up & hit me on the bridge of my nose...and broke it. After the swelling went down - went to the doc & he said that he could only kind of pinch and shape it. It's STILL sore.

I made the mistake of trying to intervene when Khaleesi and Dex were having a tug of war. Khaleesi then let go, and Dex's head flew straight up.

He's also clocked the rest of the family, but I'm the only one who had a black eye & broken nose.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Buddy broke a front tooth a few weeks before my son's wedding found a dentist that put a huge filling in it.about a year later Buddy knocked out the filling.Then I was dremeling his back foot kicked like a horse broke my little finger never healed right even went to the ER.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts