Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have horrible news. Last night Asher has been spending the night in the emergency clinic. He collapsed when we got home and was in shock. I rushed him to the emergency clinic and he has been there since. He is suspected to be hemmoraging somewhere slowly in his abdomen. He isn't doing very well. He was up for a bit, but is now back down laying again. They are giving him blood now until my vets office opens and they can get an ultrasound machine to locate the exact location of what exactly is happening. They have no idea how this happened. I am at a complete loss. I have been up all noc calling them with updates and will wait until they call me to transfer him so I can spend the time there while treatment happens. They talked about possible surgery if they find out what is going on. It is quite confusing. So please send us positive thoughts to help us get through this. I feel completely helpless. :sadcry:
 

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
Joined
·
4,376 Posts
We are all with you,of that you can be sure,hoping and praying for a good outcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
Our prayers are with you. Hoping you will bring him home soon.

Naveen/Princess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Our prayers are with you. This is a difficult time, I just went through this with my boy last month. Stay strong and let us know how he is doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear, I'm praying they figure out what on earth is causing it and for a speedy recovery. Best wishes and prayers.... Jess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
All my good thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully you've caught it in time and all will be well. Just have faith in your vet and know that every thing will work out the way it should.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
My thoguhts and prayers are with you and Asher

xxx
DreamDoby said:
I have horrible news. Last night Asher has been spending the night in the emergency clinic. He collapsed when we got home and was in shock. I rushed him to the emergency clinic and he has been there since. He is suspected to be hemmoraging somewhere slowly in his abdomen. He isn't doing very well. He was up for a bit, but is now back down laying again. They are giving him blood now until my vets office opens and they can get an ultrasound machine to locate the exact location of what exactly is happening. They have no idea how this happened. I am at a complete loss. I have been up all noc calling them with updates and will wait until they call me to transfer him so I can spend the time there while treatment happens. They talked about possible surgery if they find out what is going on. It is quite confusing. So please send us positive thoughts to help us get through this. I feel completely helpless. :sadcry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres an update for you. They still don't know what is happening. He's had two units of blood as of noon with slight improvement of his blood count. He is up and walking slightly. But since he is so low, he is too high of a risk for surgery. They thought either tumor, but thought he was too young and didn't see any, or bleeding disorder. But I guess his values aren't characteristic, or either is what is happening. They are hoping that is will stop slowly. I am waiting for another call so maybe I can see him. He stayed at the emergency clinic so he can have 24hr watch through the weekend. His temp just won't rise the way want it to. Thank you for the support. I have been up for a long time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,743 Posts
bleeding disorder like von willibrands? I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, try to get some rest so that when you are able to talk to the vet or see asher you are rested up. I know it must be hard, but hopefully within the next 24 hours they will be able to give you more information.

Sending hugs and well wishes your way!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,069 Posts
I hope everything turns out o.k. for you guy's, I have my fingers crossed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
sending good thoughts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,646 Posts
DreamDoby said:
Heres an update for you. They still don't know what is happening. He's had two units of blood as of noon with slight improvement of his blood count. He is up and walking slightly. But since he is so low, he is too high of a risk for surgery. They thought either tumor, but thought he was too young and didn't see any, or bleeding disorder. But I guess his values aren't characteristic, or either is what is happening. They are hoping that is will stop slowly. I am waiting for another call so maybe I can see him. He stayed at the emergency clinic so he can have 24hr watch through the weekend. His temp just won't rise the way want it to. Thank you for the support. I have been up for a long time.
Did they do an ultrasound? Did they look at his spleen?

Can't they use a blood donor for the surgery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Our thoughts are with you and Asher! I hope they find out what is causing this and that they can get him on the road to recovery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They talked about slight? Vwd or other rare bleeding disorders. Leaning more towards the others. But they aren't sure if that is the cause. They want to do tests in the long run with the university so if he was to have to have surgery. You would think it would have showed up before this maybe? They aren't exactly sure what caused it and still can't pinpoint the cause though. They think somehow he might have ruptured a ligment. He has been on a belly splint and his count is slowly increasing. I visited him and he looks much better. Anything looks better than when I brought him in. He is walking around and will be transferred to my vet monday morning. More tests will be run tonight to make sure that everthing is rising as should be. He has made quite an impact on the staff there. The day vet there was just raving about him and the staff is all over themselves to help him to everything. I think he is slightly peeved at me though for leaving him there last night. I hope the tech that was there last night feels a little bad for muzzling a dog that couldn't walk or lift his head. He was more than happy to come lift my 75lb. dog, but took one look at him and turned around to get a muzzle. I wasn't very pleased with this. Now he has the staff wrapped around his paws.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top