Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're headed to the e-vet cause Diesel is bleeding when he poops now and even though he's acting normal I'm not taking a chance with him and for anyone who knows me you know I'm flipping out right now so please keep my boy in your thoughts and hope that it's nothing serious :(

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
So sorry for you and your boy. I'm new to DT but follow your threads on Diesel often, I just think he's awesome. Hope he's ok and sending noob good vibes your way.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
You guys are in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Will be thinking of you!! With the slimy stools and blood it sounds like he got into something... Ri had both of these symptoms and it turns out he chewed off a small piece of frisbee and it had scraped his intestine.

Hopefully it is nothing too serious!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Yikes, hope you have an uneventful vet visit!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Best of luck to your boy!! Hope it's nothing serious!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick update:

No news yet. They are running a million tests and are doing an x-ray to check for an obstruction. They don't believe that's what it is but I asked that they still do one. They put him on IV fluids because they are worried about dehydration. He's having bloody diarrhea about 4-5 times in the past 2 or so hours and is straining to go.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
My whole heart goes out to your young man Diesel & his most loving Mom...full recovery now, buddy.
xoxo...Amy & his PaPa

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Poor Diesel. I hope he'll be ok!

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
hope he'll be ok.

fwiw, quincy had that several time... metranidazole fixed him up. and we had to fast him and do the bland diet thing. hope its nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You and Diesel are in my prayers. Get well big boy!

·
Registered
866 Posts
"Good Vibes" inbound...

Couple of years back Malia went from frothy poop, to mucusy poop, to bloody poop in a days time. My vet at the time had Dobes and new them well. Well long story short, was run of the mill diarrhea, and made her poor but so raw it led to blood. Lots of fluid and some ammodium and she was back to her norm in a couple of days.....hopefully Diesel's issue is nothing more.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts