Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retaped tanks ears last night and today i noticed the tip was swollen and red. did i catch it in time to be ok or should i take him to the vet ER all the vets in my area are closed until monday. it doesnt hurt or bother him and its not getting worse. WHAT SHOULD I DO:confused:

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
If you haven't already taken his ears down, I would do it now. Then, you can get a better idea of what it looks like. If you think the swelling/resness is still bad after getting his ears down, and letting them rest for a while, you will probably want to take him in. It's possible to lose eartips from wrapping too tight.

Reactions: tthirkill

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
If it looks TERRIBLE, like something is really wrong. Then perhaps vet. But sometimes ears can get red or swollen while posting. Tape is too tight, or wrap is rubbing, or reaction to glue or tape. Take the ears down. Clean with mild soap and water or an adhesive remover if you've glued. Then let them rest. If it's still very bad in one or two days, take him in. But you might just need to rest his ears for a few days.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If it looks TERRIBLE, like something is really wrong. Then perhaps vet. But sometimes ears can get red or swollen while posting. Tape is too tight, or wrap is rubbing, or reaction to glue or tape. Take the ears down. Clean with mild soap and water or an adhesive remover if you've glued. Then let them rest. If it's still very bad in one or two days, take him in. But you might just need to rest his ears for a few days.
Ditto this ^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts