Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have not been on in about a month but i am in serious need of help. Ok.... So a little back story, I have been dating this guy for a few months now and Deacon loves him to death (which is amazing seeing as he isnt great around men). Well, last night i brought him over to meet his dog for the first time and deacon would not stop trying to hump her! She would growl and make him back off but it was as if he was obsessed with her. He would not listen to a thing i said. We tried everything.... finally, i had to put him on his leash and made him lie down and stay but he just stared at her with the craziest look in his eye. At about 12:30 i was so tired of dealing with him i had to take him home. When we got in the car he collapsed he was so exhausted. I dont know what to do! She is fixed and definitely lets him know to back off! i just dont know what is thing is for her. He is great with other dogs. Is it something that they just need to work out? Do you think of time he will get used to her and back off? Is there a way i can work with them?

When he leaves the room she follows him so i can tell she is curious about him and wants to be friends. when i had him on the leash i would let him get close enough to just smell her and they licked each other to death. They is no aggression there.....

We are planning to take them to my grandmas for Easter. She lives on 80 acres and a huge lake... they will have a blast but i dont want my whole family seeing what a Casanova i have! :sadcry:

If anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them!!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you. I know that sometimes humping is used to try and show dominance. Maybe he is trying to establish himself as a "higher up" in the pecking order.

Sorry I cant be of more help, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge about this will come and give some advice. Good Luck though :)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What type or breed of dog does the guy you are dating own?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't know what advice to give either. Sorry :(

I know Bruno tries to hump everything in site (he's getting fixed in May or June lol). But when he's with my moms yorkie poo, Teika. She is ALWAYS laying on her back and sticking herself to him. Like, she'll tease him it almost seems. It's funny, but annoying. She will also smell him (only if he's laying down tho lmao since she's so small and he's so big). I just leave them be. Not much I can do :/

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you. I know that sometimes humping is used to try and show dominance. Maybe he is trying to establish himself as a "higher up" in the pecking order.

Sorry I cant be of more help, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge about this will come and give some advice. Good Luck though :)
Yes, a lot of the time humping is dominance related, with no sexual basis at all. I think in those cases you need to "read" the situation and the dogs to determine how to deal with it. Sometimes the best thing to do is to let them work it out themselves..but in some cases I would intervene, and start correcting the humper.

However, an undiagnosed UTI can make a spayed bitch smell "different", and can cause males to respond to them as they would a bitch in season. This could also be why he seemed to be totally focused on her. So one suggestion would be to take a urine sample to the vet and see about that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the responses. She is a pit and can def put him in his place if she needs to. I just hope it doesnt come to that. I am going to take them to the dog park today and work with them some more. I am hoping Deacon was just having a freaskie day... it was a full moon last night hahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts