Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate (ODD, onoxiousdobermandinger)....is in need help. Our dog, (Stalin, to be named), is in need of some serious disobedience training. Could you please unban our roommate for being so stupid (as to take in a dog he can't control 9STALIINNN!!). If you don't want to help him (because he messed up) is fine. BUT do not.....NOT help him because he screwed up personally. This is a beautfiful creature...that I do NOT want put in a goddamn bag to be throw out. Help Ryan (ODD), so he doesn't do this....because that's what he wants to do (cuz he feels everyione is against him.) STalin (i wish i could name him different), doesnt respond to sus. UNLESS, it's RYAN. Helps us out guys, what is your suggestion?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
My suggestion is to keep the dog and kick Ryan out. Find an obedience instructor in your area and enroll him in the classes. Use this link to help you locate a class or instructor: http://www.apdt.com/

I've no doubt that this is a beautiful dog, I haven't seen a dog yet that wasn't. However, your "friend" will not be unbanned. He didn't listen to us before, there is no reason to believe he'd listen to us now...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hello and Welcome, DogGY.

It sounds to me like your Dog needs a job.

And your Doberman needs one, too.

I would suggest "Rat Coursing". You have rats, don't you? If you don't, you will soon.

Rat Coursing builds character, aids in socialization, and is a great way to meet girls. Your Dobie will benefit from it, too. The rats aren't too crazy about it, however, but what the heck, you can't make everybody happy all the time.

Rat Coursing isn't for everybody. But if you have the will, the determination, and above all, the stubborness, you can make it happen. When you're Pup brings you a Trophy Rat, you'll know all those early mornings in the weight room, and all those late nights on the Rat Track were worth it!

I'm sure others will have great advice for you as well, but Rat Coursing works for me.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rat cursing??? My god, isn't that inhumane? Secondly, rats have diseases...why on earth would you want to let your dogs rip them apart? Am I the only one who thinks this is twisted?

As for "Stalin" where are you guys located? If you want to give him away, let one of us on the board take him! We'll get the proper obedience/love/responsibilities he needs...not kidding.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LOL
Leigha, Chaz doesn't really advocate "rat coursing"! He's just really quick with the camera. A month or so back, Mensa found one on her very own and he caught her with camera in hand before he got the corpse from her. He was being just a bit sarcastic in his post here :)

Chaz,
How's the baby doing? 'Bout time for some updated pics, don'tcha think????

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ahhh, gotcha. Whew, I feel better now! Shoulda read the sarcasm...but I worked all night and it's now four am LOL.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
"He was being just a bit sarcastic in his post here"

Shhhhhhh!

"'Bout time for some updated pics, don'tcha think????"

Stay Tuned!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Course you have to teach the dog to drop the rat at your feet and say " you dirty rat"

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hahaha! Theres that nasty little pic again! It is amazing everytime.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
LOL Chaz, very nice description!

I back Tracy 110%, ODD has been warned repeatedly for his actions. In addition, we gave advice never to even get a dog, much less a dobe, advice he just tossed out a window.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
DogGY where are you located? I don't think its a good idea for ODD to keep the dog...and please do not let him put it in a bag like he said...there are other options and that shouldn't even be an option. We told him a dobe is a great smart dog...but has lots of energy...
If you tell us where your located maybe we can help you find a dog training club or school you can take him to...you'll need a basic obedience class...which for me has cost up to $120 dollars for an 8 week session (going once a week)....
but please if ODD gets anymore thoughts like hurting stalin...please contact or take him to a good shelter or rescue...which we could possibly help you find one if we knew where about your located....or just go for a drive with stalin till ODD cools down...no one wants to see a dog in the wrong hands.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
A smart dog in the wrong hands will only do damage. The way some humans/owners behave, you really can't blame the animal for turning on them. Anyone who tries to break a dog's spirit needs to have that dog removed and should be banned from being able to have further contact with dogs - and maybe even children as well. If a person is cruel to a dog, they aren't going to be much nicer to humans...

·
Registered
602 Posts
To me it never seemed like this guy (ODD) was telling the truth at all. I think he just came to "have some fun" and stir up some trouble. He never proved that he actually got a dog, he just talked a whole bunch of "shiznat" (as he would like to have said it). And now his "friend/roommate" comes on and says they need help with the dog and wants his buddy to be "unbanned"??

I would like to hope he never got the dog. If I was his friend I would get this guy some serious professional help if he now wants to put the dog in a bag because he can't handle it and says everyone is "against" him.

Naveen

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I know, I know, don't feel the trolls is a smart thing. But just in case he really wants some more advice...

My advice and everyone else that I have read is to so return the dog NOW before things get even worse. We already gave advice, the advice was NOT to get a Dobe, esp. not from a backyard breeder, then in a few days suddenly a Dobe.

Didn't listen then either, why would the advice be listened to now?

Young Dobermans males are too much to handle for most people, you are in over your head and it won't get any better in your situation. These are not casual dogs, they require a ton of training, socialization, attention, time, effort, etc, but of course, alll of this was already said multiple times. Someone just didn't care.

You need to return the dog or put the dog into rescue right now.

MrDesi said:
I would like to hope he never got the dog. If I was his friend I would get this guy some serious professional help if he now wants to put the dog in a bag because he can't handle it and says everyone is "against" him.
I agree 110%! I don't really think they have a dog either. But threatening people on an Internet forum that if they don't let him back on the board he will mess up the dog and the dog will be in trouble?
The only advice I have is drop the poor thing off at a rescue organization for Dobermans and then get your friend some help. Yeah, a mistake was made in getting the dog, but the dog can be returned to turned into a Doberman rescue and more trouble can be easily avoided.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts