Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6month old dobie boy and he has been a little sweetheart up until now. He is potty trained and recently he just started peeing in his cage, I dont care if he's only in there for 5 min or an hour, or if we just put him up to go somewhere, he pee's. I think he is doing this on purpose like hes mad because he is being put up, I dont know but somethings gotta give im tired of giving him a bath every day like 3 times a day and im tired of seeing pee in his cage. please help me.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Have you brought him to the vet to check for UTI? What is his daily schedule like?

Reactions: PatchworkRobot

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would first make sure he does not have a UTI. Maybe a trip to the vet?

When cleaning dog urine, make sure you dont use amonia. A mix of vinegar and water will neutralize the odor so they won't want to urinate over the scent.

Good luck, potty problems are very frustrating.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I wouldn't jump to assuming that your dog is mad. Dogs don't like to sleep on pee (much like humans) so him peeing in inappropriate places, especially a place that he sleeps is worrisome. Instead of getting upset because you think he's mad at you why not worry that something could be medically wrong with your boy? I second the suggestion to take him to the vet.

Another thing you could try is feeding him in his crate for a bit. Spread the food out on his bed and let him eat it from there. I know a dog at work that sometimes pees on her bed and that's what we do to prevent it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im trying to find a vet open now to take him after i posted this i looked up symptoms of a UTI and he does have a few, im getting ready now to take his temp to see what that says. His schedule is pretty regular and like i said he is pretty much potty trained. He still plays and hasnt lost his appetite. No im worried that i have overlooked something that could be serious because i just thought it was a phase. I only want whats best for him and when one of my babies are sick it kills me. Thanks for all the advice and Im taking him immediately to get checked.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Hope he's ok.

This is an excellent thread for dog owners: http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-health/44012-signs-your-dog-pain.html

im trying to find a vet open now to take him after i posted this i looked up symptoms of a UTI and he does have a few, im getting ready now to take his temp to see what that says. His schedule is pretty regular and like i said he is pretty much potty trained. He still plays and hasnt lost his appetite. No im worried that i have overlooked something that could be serious because i just thought it was a phase. I only want whats best for him and when one of my babies are sick it kills me. Thanks for all the advice and Im taking him immediately to get checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts