Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is 'Vader', being born May the 4th... and yeah... okay moving on. I did post once on his behalf in health due to a very mild level 1 murmur detected in his initial vet check. Thanks to the good folks here I am not as concerned about it.

In any case, he's a Euro Doberman like my previous. First day he already learned commands to sit, come and his name. A lot more now of course, but he is a puppy so still very curious about the world...

He already is very observant... for example if I moved a trash bin he notices it is out of place and is extra cautious outside.. this is maybe half a week of being in this new world. The other thing I can note he is very determined, obstacles or barriers doesn't stop him from reaching his goal.

Do those traits make him a good candidate for search & rescue type of work? Not that it matters, but if so look into such things as a volunteer. As these things should be fostered early on.

Attachments

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,967 Posts
Welcome to DT, Vader, from Texas!
I see you're not only cute but also smart and obedient.
You already have the Doberman look down pat....a face that means business!

Love the racing stripes on your toes....very cool! (y)

·
Big Lil pup
6,742 Posts
Hi Vader. So 10 weeks old and someone already has career plans for you! LOL

Seriously though one cute pup. Enjoy it while it lasts. My son's puppy looked kind of like that a scant 4+ months ago. Now he looks more like my (almost) 7 yo McCoy. They grow SO FAST.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
Mocha
4,339 Posts
Cute pup, love the toe markings...keep the pics coming!

Reactions: LadyDi and Sc0rPs

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
Congrats on your pup! If you're interested in search and rescue, I would contact the group closest to you first. Some groups ask that you work with them first without having a dog, some would help assess your dog - it would really depend on your group and their needs. It's a pretty intense activity. I have two friends involved in that training (one has a Doberman, one has a Kelpie). Kudos to those that pursue that activity and are willing to give up so much of their personal time for it.

·
Premium Member
10,587 Posts
Vader--you're very cute and tell your folks that the paw markings (penciling on toes and smudge on instep--do nearly always disappear as the puppy matures. Euro's are about the only ones that retain even minor markings on their feet.

dobebug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts