Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Although this won't be happening until next July or August 2014, I'm hoping to add a doberman puppy to our family. I feel there's still so much I don't know or could learn from everyone and reading your posts for the past month, I've finally decided to join the group and get some personal help to make sure everything is done right. I've researched a lot of breeders, and my number one choice is Bell'Lavoro Dobermans. I've emailed them, and I'm hoping they find us to be a good fit for one of their puppies. I have heard other members say they don't reply to email, though, and there's no phone number listed on their website so I hope they get back to me. We've never actually had a doberman, but have had other dogs in the past. Anyway, any advice or knowledge is always greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I've looked into Bruda as well! I've read all the wonderful things people are saying about them on here. My father fell in love with some of the girls on the Bell'Lavoro website, though, so hopefully that will work out. If not - Bruda is right there at the top of my list of breeders to contact! :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Welcome from Canada!

I would try contacting a few breeders that I'm interested in before deciding on anyone. It's good to have a connection with a breeder as they'll be helping you over the next 10+ years if you're lucky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from Canada!

I would try contacting a few breeders that I'm interested in before deciding on anyone. It's good to have a connection with a breeder as they'll be helping you over the next 10+ years if you're lucky.

Oh, that's a good idea! Thank you! I've made a small list of breeders based on many of the threads on here, but have really only tried to contact Bell'Lavoro. Something I've been running into though is the small amount of reputable breeders with euro lines, and that's the look I've been going for. (But, Bruda also has beautiful dogs - so in that case I would give up the "look" I'm going for in order to have a healthy companion from a reputable breeder.)

·
Super Moderator
21,300 Posts
Just want to say how refreshing it is to see someone doing research early! Good for you. I hope you find the perfect pup. (As an aside, I know several Bruda dogs personally and I've liked them all!)

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I have to echo MeadowCats' statement.. SOOO wonderful that you're doing your homework before you have your pup.
If more people were like you, there'd be fewer dobermans in shelters and worse. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to say how refreshing it is to see someone doing research early! Good for you. I hope you find the perfect pup. (As an aside, I know several Bruda dogs personally and I've liked them all!)
Thank you so much, that means a lot! Also, it's so great to hear good things about Bruda. It makes me even more excited to get a puppy when I hear great things about the breeders!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don't get an email back from Bell'lavaro, PM blackdoberboy here. She owns Remy and might be able to provide contact info.

Thank you so much! You're awesome! I'm going to give them some time in case they are busy, but if anything I will definitely PM blackdoberboy. :) Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Just wanted to say hi and welcome from a neighbor in the burbs! Glad to see you doing your research, keep up the good work and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you along the way. :)

Reactions: kmbeach22

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to say hi and welcome from a neighbor in the burbs! Glad to see you doing your research, keep up the good work and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you along the way. :)

Hello! I'm actually from the northwest suburbs as well! :) Thank you so much for the offer & I just might take you up on that, haha.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hello! I'm actually from the northwest suburbs as well! :) Thank you so much for the offer & I just might take you up on that, haha.
Oh cool! Well when the time comes, please don't hesitate to ask. I am in Elk Grove and am happy to help in any way I can (ear posting too, since that's always tricky the first time...especially if you go with a breeder who is far away).

Good luck in your search.

Reactions: LinaBug
1 - 13 of 13 Posts