Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to come up with a few ideas on where to take my 12 month dobe. I've decided not to go with dog parks because of a few personal reasons.

I have a baseball field near me that is semi caged off, and normally that would even be ok for me, but it's close to a very busy road, and should he decide to leave the caged area, that would be trouble.

If any of you ladies and gents know of some areas to take your dobe that no one else really ventures off to and that is caged in, I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
939 Posts
We don't have anything around us fenced in that's not a dog park, so we run around at the park with a 30' long line. It gives her enough freedom to run, and me an insurance policy if I need to get ahold of her in a hurry.

Reactions: cuddlbug00

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am lucky as I live right next to a park that has a double wide totally fenced tennis court and I have been taking my dogs there for the past 20 years. In summer it is used more than in winter, of course, but I take them there early in the morning and they love to run and play.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I was looking for the same type thing. The 30' line is a great idea! Did you buy something somewhere or just make something?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 30' line sounds like the next best option. I shall look around and perhaps they sell one around here. Fortunately I live close to a soccer field, it's just a shame it's not fenced in.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some parks have tennis courts or basketball courts that are totally fenced...if you go at a time when nobody is using the facility, you could close yourself and your dog in and toss a tennis ball or frisbee for awhile. I use a basketball court sometimes that is fenced, and I also live next to a ball diamond complex that has several fenced off diamond areas that I can take my dog to during 'off season'.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
What part of Toronto do you live in? I know a few places that are fenced in with no signs stating NO DOGS, but are not dog parks.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
I love tennis courts. I used to be a dog walker and would take the dogs to tennis courts.

I'm lucky that I can make a kissy noise and Juno would spin on a dime to come to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What part of Toronto do you live in? I know a few places that are fenced in with no signs stating NO DOGS, but are not dog parks.
I live just outside of Toronto in a town called Oakville. There is a soccer field that is caged off, unfortunately there is a lock on it :(

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just ordered a 50' lead and I'm so excited! I cant wait for it to get here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts