Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Well, he was a more coarse than he appears in the photo. It was kind f interesting. At the congress meeting on Friday, one of the prominent delegates and international judge made a point about seeing dogs that were over-sized and or overdone. In the classes it seemed that the judges were paying attention to size and one judge even wicketed a few of them, but in the finals it seemed that they were buying them by the pound.
Thanks Doug. Actually it's kind of nice to hear that someone actually wicketed some of the dogs--their standard allegedly includes a DQ for oversize or undersize.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
It really does not have a DQ for size, only a reduction in the quality rating for 2cm or more over or under the standard which can be just as serious. Another point, unlike AKC where a Disqualification is more or less permanent, a Disqualification at a FCI type dog show only disqualifies the dog for that day show.
I didn't know that (about the way the FCI DQ's work)--but then there is a lot of stuff I don't know about the FCI and that standard.

Any kind of DQ under AKC regs might as well be permanent--to get one cleared practically takes an act of congress. Quite a few years ago a local NW dog got DQ'd and spent close to two years getting reinstated. That's the only reason I know how hard it is to get an AKC DQ lifted.

dobebug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts