Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a pinchy puppy? She quit biting with the yelp and ignore method, but she's gotten to where instead of biting she'll pinch. Ouch, it hurts worse than her biting. I have no idea where to begin to stop it. She doesnt actually get me in her mouth so taste deflection I don't think is going to help much. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Probably just the same as with the biting.... FiFi pinches sometimes too, especially when taking a treat, then the last think she does is pinch with her front teeth.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, sade has moved up to this pinching business from biting. She's notorious for pinching the backs of my arms and my thighs. It hurts like something god awful. I'm trying to get it under control, but I'm not sure what all to do with her... if I make any noise she gets more excited and it's hard to not make any noise when she pinches the fire out of you lol.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It's funny how as our babies grow up we forget some of the bad things they do as youngsters. Well the pinching is one I never forgot, Gaston was awful about it. The tops of my arms took the punishiment. You wouldn't believe the bruises it left. As far as what we did to stop it this idea might seem crazy but boy does it work. Go get yourself a small airhorn (Walmart sporting section) and give it a very quick blast followed by a sharp NO when she does this. I can guarantee it won't take but one or two times. I don't think I have blown that airhorn more than 5 times ever. All I have to do if he's doing something wrong is show it to him and he gives me this look like Oh S--- please don't blow that I'll be good as an angel. I even have a mini one that fits in my pocket that has never been blown just shown to him. It also stops them from jumping on counters, just sit it on the counter and he won't come near it. Roxy also found out that the horn was not a pleasant sound and will stop whatever wrong thing she is doing by just showing it to her with no need to blow it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's something I'll have to try. I'd never even thought of that. Good one.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey is 4 months and he does it to almost everyone he plays with. We have tried everything. Removing him from the person and putting him in the gated kitchen seems to be the only way to stop it. When we let him back in he behaves like a gentleman. I'm hoping that now he is able to play with other dogs they will put him in his place and help stop the behavior.

Carol ox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts