Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2 cats here with Gracie. One cat decided that it was okay for Gracie to lick her once! Not twice or three times but once. Well since then Gracie searchs for Rachel (I know it's a dumb cat name, I didn't name her.) once she finds Rachel she stands over Rachel and puts one of her paws on this poor little girl and pins her down and licks her. By the time I get up to see what is going on Rachel is out from under Gracie's paw and starts beating the crap out of Gracie. Then Gracie runs from Rachel. An hour or two later and Gracie does it all over again. Needless to say I figured out what she does before she does it, so I can stop her from doing it. Why wont Gracie learn that Rachel has claws and can really hurt her if Rachel really wanted to?

Gracie has also tried to do this with Cubby. Except Cubby won't try to fight with her. He screams bloody murder until I get Gracie to go lay down. I know Gracie doesn't want to hurt them in any way, she just wants to lick them and play chase with them.

Just as a side note, Rachel has never done any damage to Gracie at all. She hits Gracie hard enough to let her know to back off.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It sounds to me like thay are playing if the cat never hurts Gracie. My cat does this with GKar and as long as no one gets carried away I let them play.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi will get ahold of YoYo (who is fully armed) and it looks like she's just mauling the poor boy. When he's had enough, he'll do the same thing that Rachel does. Smack her just hard enough to get her to let go and then he'll retreat to the top of the washing machine or something. The only time I really step in is if Petri decided to get involved - 2 against 1 just isn't fair. But YoYo will also actively initiate this play with both dogs from time to time...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I know. Spirit is in "LoVe" with our cat CC..He will try to lick and lick her-- some times (mount) the poor cat.. Well now the poor CC is allergic to him
She will break out into sores where ever he has licked her.. some times she has to go in and get shots.. Around here we have to use the leave it command a lot when it comes to the cats..LOL

·
Registered
365 Posts
GM, Funny that you should post this thread, as we're having a few issues with Jeddah and our older cat ATM. Jeddah has decided she loves Joplin, to a point of harrassment! She just wont leave her alone. Mind you Jeddah is wise enough to leave the youngster alone, who is a bit of a quick draw with the claws!:)

Every time you think you achieve something with this dog, she finds something else to be naughty about. LOL You can almost see that mind ticking over, now what else can I get up to????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts