Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...here we go...

Like Lacey said before...we didnt get to leave until 6pm on Friday night. We stayed right outside of Augusta, GA which is about 6 hours from my house. We got a little lost on the way down, so we wound up not getting there until about 1am. Tracking starts at 7:30am, and the field was about 20-30 minutes from the hotel, so we got up at 6. We got NO sleep. Poor Rommel thought he had to guard the hotel room, so he was up checking things out, and growling at the door all night. Then he would jump up on the bed, sleep across my feet, facing the door, and jump up at any sound. By 6am....he and I were worn out already.

We got to the field, watched tracking, I turned in his score book, and took the written exam. (Yes, you have to take a 20 question written exam for the BH) Then......I started getting nervous.

Here is Rommel, waiting to take the field. He was posing for Lacey.

The judge told us we would take the field first, and the other dog would be in a long down.

Ready to start, basic position.

There is no turning back now....... (On leash heeling...Notice the GSD next to the flag. That is where the long down was)

On our way back down the field

Running Heeling

Right Turn

Going toward the crowd. So....my little Rommel thought it would be cool to sniff each and every persons butt and crotch as we went through the crowd. (4 people) I was very embarrased! The judge was really nice though, as I was walking toward the crowd, she was saying "It's alright...your doing fine, dont be nervous...your dog can tell your nervous!"

Off leash heeling

Off leash running heeling...

Automatic Sit, Off leash

Sit...out of motion

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Down...out of motion

Recall

FINISH!

Coming Back for Critique in front of spectators/competitors

HE PASSED!

YAAAAAAAAY Rom Rom!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and I forgot to add.... When we went to report in to the judge... (This is suppossed to be a "formal" thing mind you.... Rommel decided that it would be really fun to stand up on his hind legs, and just stare at the judge in the face. The judge said "hey buddy" and he gave her a kiss. At that point, I honestly thought I was going to pass out.

Come to find out...the judge told me later that her first Schutzhund dog, and her first BH...was a doberman :) So she completely understood his silly antics :D

He was a good boy. He wasnt 100%, but he did good. I know now why they say to train at 150% to get 80% on trial day. But...the main thing was...it was fun, we learned alot, and he passed.....at 15 months and 8 days!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
And now it gets a little easier,like the judge said he could sense your nerves, now you have cleared the first hurdle and you know what to expect any further tests and competitions will become easier.Again well done Rom and Amanda! Now for Ziris :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Oh Amanda!! I'm so happy for you!!! You must just be SOOOO proud!! (that is after you came home and took a nap!) You've worked so hard for this! Rommel looks awesome, all thanks to YOU!!

Congrats!!!! (good job being prepared with pictures too!) BTW- that is so funny what the judge said about dobies too!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Congrats to you both! Given that neither of you got much rest before the trial you have every reason to be proud! Nice to hear that the judge was decent and knows how nervous owners and dogs can be during competition.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
:dancing_b :emo1: :clap2: :emo1: :dan1: :dancing_b :dan1: :emo1: :clap2: :emo1: :dancing_b

Way to go Amanda and Rom!!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wooooooooohoooooooooo! Fantastic!!! Enjoy the feeling because you earned it! (OK, you can take a few days off, too.) Rommel's the MAN!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I feel such happiness right now for you!! I can see the smile of relief on your face under the "he passed" headline.

You are so lucky to have each other, and you look great together as always!

I'll add once again WHOOT WHOOOOOOOT!!! ****hands push up the ceiling in up and down motion****
(what kind of steak did he end up with?)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Congratulations!

I'm very impressed the way Rommel always seems to be watching you like a hawk.

Great pictures and neat story.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Congratulations BiB and Rommel!!! Way to go!!!

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Nice pictures!! I know it would worked out fine, enjoyed it, make a party give Rommel treats, and whisper in his ears, go for Schutzhund 1 :)

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
see!! I knew you guys could do it :)

Very big congrats - you really worked hard for it and it showed.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Great pics. You guys looked great out there. You can accomplish anything you set your heart to. Especially with your doberman by your side.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Congratulations, Amanda and Rom. that was awesome. I love the recall pic where you see him leaping up to charge over to you with a beautiful finish.

I hopeyou BOTH got a nice big steak that night - and an early bed.

cc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts