Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't get a photo attached to my post so I posted them in the red dobe photo album, check him out!! My beautiful boy, floppy ears and all :haha: He loves to spend warm days ouside exploring the yard but not without his coat on, he loves it!! He will soon be learning how to be a sheep dobie :cool2: my ewes start lambing in January and he will be spending his days in the barn with me. He is such a sweetie and growing sooo fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A-w-w-w...he IS beautiful. What a rich red color he is. Your Poodles are beautiful too. I love the picture of the one Poodle lying next to him and looking at him. Then I noticed they had their feet pretty much in the same position. It looked like the Poodle was fixing her/his feet to match the way the Dobe's feet were. LOL. Cute dogs.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh they are so cute... He is very handsome and a very beautiful color.. well, a sheep dobe.. that must be a first! I can't wait to hear more... Your poodles are just beautiful......

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
What a pretty boy, Puppy pictures are the best, unless its an adult goofy picture. Your boy looks handsome.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What a very pretty boy! I miss having a puppy! I used to have 2 red males, a father and son (Sundown and Sundown's Little B). Your boy is a beautiful deep red. My sister-in-law has a red female and red son (Ruby Jean and Bear). Both my girls are black/rust, but I am very attracted to the reds. And I love his ears, they stay so soft and "rubbable" that way!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, his ears are very rubbable:) and silky soft too but they get soooo cold when he plays outside so I rub them when he comes in, he loves the extra attention! I like the black dobes too but have always wanted a red one......I think he is beautiful .....The poodles were not impressed with me making them sit with him, they are rather warry of him since he likes to Pounce on them when I take them outside (we are working on it but he still likes to do it)! Naughty boy:)

·
Registered
491 Posts
SO, maybe I missed the info, but how old is he? Have you ever worked a Dobe around lambs or sheep? I dont know of anyone else that has done that, so he may be a unique little guy! We used to raise chickens, though, and incubated some rather rare breeds one year. After they were hatched out, we kept them inside in a plastic kids' wading pool, filled w/ wood chips, because in was January when they hatched (temps hovering around zero mostly). Our beloved Doberman Bianca was watching them and she looked so cute, like she was baby-sitting. We left the room for like one minute to get some baby chick feed, and she ATE them all!!! Good thing sheep are bigger animals!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cedric is almost 13 weeks old. He is my first Dobe. I definitly would not leave him unattended with the lambs.....I've seen the results of Border Collies killing lambs before so I definitly would not trust a Dobe pup with them alone!! But I'm sure he will learn to at least get along with them which is all I want him to do. That must have been awful to come back to no chicks!!!! I can imagine Cedric doing that......he'd have that real innocent look on his face....:D

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
2dobies said:
SO, maybe I missed the info, but how old is he? Have you ever worked a Dobe around lambs or sheep? I dont know of anyone else that has done that, so he may be a unique little guy! We used to raise chickens, though, and incubated some rather rare breeds one year. After they were hatched out, we kept them inside in a plastic kids' wading pool, filled w/ wood chips, because in was January when they hatched (temps hovering around zero mostly). Our beloved Doberman Bianca was watching them and she looked so cute, like she was baby-sitting. We left the room for like one minute to get some baby chick feed, and she ATE them all!!! Good thing sheep are bigger animals!
Oh my gosh that is so bad...LOL I know it is not funny.. but I sure was laughing.. :eatchicke :eatchicke :eatchicke I can just see her... MMMM chicken on the run.. Yummy!! I love rare diets!! LOL

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
What a super dobe please dont crop those lovely ears, he is perfect just as he is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts