Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I know I am asking the million dollar questions, and found a couple forums on DT but I want your opinion on Dr Jezbera's cropping in SoCAL. If you've had your Dobies ears cropped by him, I would LOVE to see!!!!

I feel this is a HUGE part of owning a Dobie, and I need some guidance. I would love a medium to long show crop!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Dr. Jezbera has been well recommended around here! :)

Sure people will post photos soon.

Reactions: falnfenix

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
Do you already have the puppy? If not, please reconsider buying from a breeder that crops the puppies ears for you. Ethical breeders take care of this as part of what they do.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Do you already have the puppy? If not, please reconsider buying from a breeder that crops the puppies ears for you. Ethical breeders take care of this as part of what they do.
But what if she wants to have meaningful discussions with the breeder(s) about who is doing the cropping and when it will happen (age of pup) etc?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
But what if she wants to have meaningful discussions with the breeder(s) about who is doing the cropping and when it will happen (age of pup) etc?
This is a good point actually, and I think something people can forget. I know there are two puppy buyers on the same litter as my girl who are requesting a different vet do their pup's ears. While the default one chosen by the breeder is recognised and used by one of the most well known breeders in the area, her work (which gives the ear more of an artistic curve and a curl at the top) is not those puppy buyer's preference, and they want to use a different vet. This vet was used by an other well-known breeder, and one of the buyer's previous dobies had his ears done by her, while the other buy was waiting on a pup from the other breeder and more familiar with the work, preferring the style (which is a straighter ear).

I remember that was one of the first questions I asked my breeders, wanting to find out who they get their litters cropped by, and if I could see their work, in case I might want to ask for someone/something different :)

Perhaps OP has a different preference from the one their breeders normally choose. (But then again, perhaps OP is getting their puppy from someone who isn't reputable, we shouldn't make assumptions until we know either way)

Reactions: vivienne00

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the breeder told me she will take care of it, but I personally dont like the way her vets ears come out. I saw both SIRE and DAM, and they look good, but I like the show crop! I had to work out a deal with the breeder for Jezbera to do them. LOL... I know I will have to pay for them, but the ears is SUPER important to me, and ive only hear good things about Dr Jezbera.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, exactly! Dont get me wrong, both sire and dam had great looking ears, and she told me the vets name (I believe he is out in the OC area or LA) and trust me, she wasnt so happy I didnt go with her vet, BUT... and a big BUT, I saw "the fifinator" ears and they look great. You can Google fifi and see her wonderful ears. I would just like to see some more pictures of his work. :)

This is a good point actually, and I think something people can forget. I know there are two puppy buyers on the same litter as my girl who are requesting a different vet do their pup's ears. While the default one chosen by the breeder is recognised and used by one of the most well known breeders in the area, her work (which gives the ear more of an artistic curve and a curl at the top) is not those puppy buyer's preference, and they want to use a different vet. This vet was used by an other well-known breeder, and one of the buyer's previous dobies had his ears done by her, while the other buy was waiting on a pup from the other breeder and more familiar with the work, preferring the style (which is a straighter ear).

I remember that was one of the first questions I asked my breeders, wanting to find out who they get their litters cropped by, and if I could see their work, in case I might want to ask for someone/something different :)

Perhaps OP has a different preference from the one their breeders normally choose. (But then again, perhaps OP is getting their puppy from someone who isn't reputable, we shouldn't make assumptions until we know either way)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
May I ask who your breeder is/where you are getting your pup from? (and I know Fifi's beautiful self quite well, she is my phone wallpaper LOL!)

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
Oh, of course. I guess the default assumption I have is that people asking about cropping vets tend to be buying from a less than ethical breeder who is not cropping the puppies. Obviously if this is a pup from a great breeder, then disregard my post!

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
So the sire and dam don't have show crops? What kind of crops do they have?? Hope you have checked out your breeder with respect to health testing, etc.

Also, Fifi's crop is not going to look good on every Doberman head. Be careful of what you ask for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, both have show crops, and look nice, but I feel its missing the "an artistic art". I've seen other dobies with nicer crops. Both parents are tested for dcm, vwd wobbler, and I believe another one I cant remember.

The breeder choose my pup for me, but after seeing the litter I was very happy with her pick! He was the one of the smallest, but I am not going for size. I'll try and get some pictures of them on her later on my home computer since I am technically at work :roflmao:

So the sire and dam don't have show crops? What kind of crops do they have?? Hope you have checked out your breeder with respect to health testing, etc.

Also, Fifi's crop is not going to look good on every Doberman head. Be careful of what you ask for.

·
Got mutt?
13,731 Posts
Yes, both have show crops, and look nice, but I feel its missing the "an artistic art". I've seen other dobies with nicer crops. Both parents are tested for dcm, vwd wobbler, and I believe another one I cant remember.

The breeder choose my pup for me, but after seeing the litter I was very happy with her pick! He was the one of the smallest, but I am not going for size. I'll try and get some pictures of them on her later on my home computer since I am technically at work :roflmao:
Why would they test for wobblers if they weren't showing signs of it? And if the dog was showing signs of wobblers, why on earth would they breed it?

What testing did they do for DCM? Echos and holters, or just the DNA test?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts