Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my show pic. Wow, Im really not sure what I was doing at the time but I have a double chin in the pic. Ick. I dont have one I swear. LOL Oh well her first points!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow. Didnt upload verry nice. You can see her mussle tone and such in the actual pic. I will have to re-scan it when I get home.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She looks great. Congrats again!

Reactions: JennSLK

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well done, the first show win is always exciting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
WHAT? You look great !
A little chin is nothing .... this MIGHT make you feel better:
The first time I ever took a photo with one of my dogs was a disaster. It was my girls FIRST show at JUST 6 months, and she won her class with a handler. Since that handler had to go back in on a priority bitch, she felt I should take Echo back in myself. Okay. We did not go Winners Bitch, but I was still thrilled with the class win over other very pretty bitches of well known breedings. I was told you ALWAYS get a photo of your first 'blue', so stacked and stood happily in all our glory - staring straight into the camera as if it were my thrid grade school photo. We waited for almost two hours for the photos to be ready for viewing and ordering. To my shock and horror I did not know who or what was attached to my dogs lead. Unfortunately, the camera shot right when I was looking to another direction and those high dollar cameras can catch the slightest thing. When the shock wore off, it was actually hysterical ... yet still quite FRIGHTENING ... as I had each eyeball going a different direction - one up and to the left, and the other down and to the right WITH a ghost image of the eye straight on. It was like an alien!! I was stuck between painful tears of disappointment and shocked giggling. After at least ten minutes of consoling, we all laughed until our sides hurt and tear ducts drained, we all sat with the printer who THEN decided she would try to input someone elses eyes. YIKES - just as scary. I originally though it best to just print the photo and crop it down before using it anywhere. Since we needed to use it in an upcoming ad for the handler, I was told the judge needed to be in it. I tentatively decided that I was never going to be in a show photo again and had the handler stand for a photo where we then cropped the two of them into the original photo. OH this brings back anxiety pangs ... and many many laughs!
So, you see, a tiny bit of chin is not worth the worry - at least your eyes are in the right place .... looking at your beloved Winners Bitch!!!!!
Hope it made you laugh AND appreciate your wonderful photo!!
Congratulations to you both!
Kathy

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Congratulations...great job. :bad: :cool: Keep posting those win photos. :anicam: They take some practice but you'll get the hang of it. Tracy and Drago.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Congradulations, it sounds like you had a great day!!!!!!! Are you a prof. handler?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Congrats. Am late to this thread, but would love to see the photo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts